Straight flat section in early center of corner, play with caster?

35kindall

Thinking by adding caster I can make kart free up with steering input(lower cross), and then when kart starts to rotate & steering input changes(raising cross) make kart come off more banked part of corner.

Track has a strait more level entry then increasing banking center off than in the past due to some changes made to the track. Am I thinking correctly?

Kart is very close to where I want it...

Thanks

Define better exactly what the kart is doing ? and what you need it to different ? with details of where it's doing it in the turn .

Would really like to keep 1&2 same, but make to where I can turn center of the described corners (3/4) without braking/letting off. Turn 3 starts out banked, levels off & straightens out a bit from center of 3 to start of 4. Sharpest part of corner is dead center of 3&4. Then banking increases at start of 4 off.

Adding to both not increasing split. I think adding split will compound issue.
I'd say your barking up the wrong tree you will not see any difference only feel a heavier wheel, First I would add air to the LF in 1/2 lb increments, and monitor the results I would add up to 1.5 lb more in the LF If that does not fix the issue , I would lower air in the RF in 1/2 lb increments depending on how far you need to go will tell you how minor or major the issue is, then once I had a good feel for where I was at I'd adjust chassis set up from there.
What are your current set up scale numbers ? cambers , toe, and rear wheel spacing's distance from inside edge of wheels to the frame on the RR which should be close. and on the LR which should be 3/4 " . depending on details to those questions something may pop out that needs tweaked .

Back