Straight Shaft KT-100 clutch...

That sleeves looks like a little messed up. i wouldn't fit anything there without fixing it. The clutches used in JICA (Comer P51s, Parilla Swifts, etc) were set to engage at low rpms, so once moving they acted similar to DD but obviously you wouldn't stop the engine when braking hard like we used to in DD. Very effective in small sprint tracks.

Santiago -- just some dirt on there, but smooth to the touch, and good all around. The line you see are reflections of the caliper. :) Yeah, I figured a 1 disc clutch set around 1800 rpm to allow for decent idle, but otherwise locked up. This engine will now likely go onto my vintage kart at some events, sharing time with the 5hp flatty for the Maxxis 4 Cycle Series... That's assuming both start up again. :) Hope you're well, amigo. And let me know if you ever want to sell that Esprit! :) LOL

Ted, unless you just want to race Rainman around North Carolina forget direct drive lol Chuck (ps Savannah 3/6 to3/8 be. there).
And if he wants to beat MY Tony with the rotary Ital he is gonna need much more than a Yamaha. Maybe my other Tony with the Wankel, lol. By the way when I mean low engagement it should still be at least like 3,000 to 4,000 rpms for a 2 stroke.

Back