stroker crank question

dirttrax

Nr sells .175 stroke crank for the clone and predator. Are they the same crank or are they both .175 over stock stroke? Meaning clone is .175 over stock clone stroke and predator is .175 over stock predator stroke?
Thanks

Stroking a crank changes the balance, and of course the balance has to match the piston used. Something you might ask about. Cubic inches are always good for power, but if the crankshaft is not done right, as in balancing, an out of balance crank could take away from that increase in cubic inches.

Is the crank you referring to our Billet stroker? If so yes it is a +.175 for the Honda/Clone engines because they average a total stock stroke of 2.125, however it is not a +.175 for the Predator engines. They average a stroke of 2.160. So the Billet crank would be a +.140 stroke in the Predator engines (Hemi or Non Hemi).

Is the crank you referring to our Billet stroker? If so yes it is a +.175 for the Honda/Clone engines because they average a total stock stroke of 2.125, however it is not a +.175 for the Predator engines. They average a stroke of 2.160. So the Billet crank would be a +.140 stroke in the Predator engines (Hemi or Non Hemi).
Yep , Let me add that the Arc .175" stroker crank moves the 196 piston up the bore about .087" and the Predator about .070" in theory. The rod choice needs to control this

Yes jpr57 I want to know if your billet clone stroker crank is the same as the predator .175 stroke crank that nr sells.
Nr sells .175 for both clone and predator so I'm trying to figure out is it the same crank or not.

I do not think anyone sells a +.175 stroker crank for a predator. The one u are referring to is the +.175 stroker crank for a honda. The predator flywheel will not fit it and it comes with a honda piston which is too small for a predator. But this is the kit that people put in predators. And as stated above, the predator has more stroke than a honda or clone. So u don't actually get +.175 stroke. But u do still get +.140 stroke. And this is not a plug and play kit. It requires some extensive clearancing.

I guess u could call it that. It's not extreme but it does have quite a bit more stroke than a clone. Give or take .040 if I remember correctly. I don't have much dealings with clones. No one in my area runs them. All predators.

Back