Stumped out what chassis to buy

supermanJAE

With so many kart brands out there, I find it very hard to pick just one. And each month there seems to be a new Kart coming out that may be faster. I have a kart now that I race and it's the only one of it's kind in the field.. i feel like if I jump on the same band wagon as everyone else, I could possibly get setup help since other racers are on the same kart...If you had to pick one to race for the 2023 season which one would you buy and why?

Vulcan
Premier
Diamond
New Kutless
New ultramax Evolve
Charger
Kinetic
Footloose

With so many kart brands out there, I find it very hard to pick just one. And each month there seems to be a new Kart coming out that may be faster. I have a kart now that I race and it's the only one of it's kind in the field.. i feel like if I jump on the same band wagon as everyone else, I could possibly get setup help since other racers are on the same kart...If you had to pick one to race for the 2023 season which one would you buy and why?

Vulcan
Premier
Diamond
New Kutless
New ultramax Evolve
Charger
Kinetic
Footloose
What manufacturer and model chassis are you on currently?

Vulcan
Premier
Diamond
New Kutless
New ultramax Evolve
Charger
Kinetic
Footloose
We like the Kinetk, I have the genesis, exodus, and the Vulcan, we like them, but its all about setup and tires, we go the races where the charger is the fastest kart there, last week the premier was fast, it all depends on who is on them, the fast guys will be fast on any kart they on.

What ever one you can get the most support from. In the end it’s still all tires. Doesn’t matter what chassis you’re on if you don’t have the right tires on. That being said some karts tire window are bigger than others but in my opinion there’s no chassis that’s going to make you go from average to front runner
We’re on a 20 Exodus and a 22 Vulcan and been real happy

Everyone saying chassis doesn't matter despite that we don't know what he's currently riding is just crazy to me. The idea that modernity of chassis doesn't matter at all is just objectively false. Within karting there is this theme that if something is working for you at your track against the other people that race there it works in every situation. If you race two karts that are perfectly even, but one has more adjustability, definitively you can gain speed that another guy can't. Yes, there are guys who are slow on 2022 chassis, and guys who are fast on a chassis that's 20 years old. There are a lot of factors to being fast or slow, but the frame you are on is definitively a piece of it. I agree no chassis will make you win on bad tires, but the inverse is also true. I am getting an Ultramax, because I have a local kart shop that has helped me a lot this season. If he sold phantom or whatever else that's what I would buy.

Everyone saying chassis doesn't matter despite that we don't know what he's currently riding is just crazy to me. The idea that modernity of chassis doesn't matter at all is just objectively false. Within karting there is this theme that if something is working for you at your track against the other people that race there it works in every situation. If you race two karts that are perfectly even, but one has more adjustability, definitively you can gain speed that another guy can't. Yes, there are guys who are slow on 2022 chassis, and guys who are fast on a chassis that's 20 years old. There are a lot of factors to being fast or slow, but the frame you are on is definitively a piece of it. I agree no chassis will make you win on bad tires, but the inverse is also true. I am getting an Ultramax, because I have a local kart shop that has helped me a lot this season. If he sold phantom or whatever else that's what I would buy.
It don't matter what he is on now, he is asking what to pick for 2023, and why. I like the Vulcan and any time you call Brandon at CKI he will talk to you like he's your best friend, even if he don't know you. We didn't say chassis don't matter, but now days (2022-2023 )they are so much alike and adjust so much alike, it don't make much difference witch one you pick, as long as you get the setup right for that certain track and that certain day conditions you will be in the hunt. Back in the day Buller chassis had so many adjustments on them you could get way off track by overthinking it.

It don't matter what he is on now, he is asking what to pick for 2023, and why. I like the Vulcan and any time you call Brandon at CKI he will talk to you like he's your best friend, even if he don't know you. We didn't say chassis don't matter, but now days (2022-2023 )they are so much alike and adjust so much alike, it don't make much difference witch one you pick, as long as you get the setup right for that certain track and that certain day conditions you will be in the hunt. Back in the day Buller chassis had so many adjustments on them you could get way off track by overthinking it.
Yeah, I was responding to this specifically:
The only reason they evolve chassis is to keep you buying them. Your old chassis is a fast as any when set up properly.

What manufacturer and model chassis are you on currently?
Im on a 21 scythe
.095 tubing

I believe out of 20 in my class last week. I was the only Scythe kart out there.
Ive been 2 tenths off all year no matter the set of tires I put on the kart. and changing to a more flexible or different designed tubing might be
the only way I can pick up those 2 tenths. Dont get me wrong, but the chassis isn't bad.. and theres possible some more speed I can get out of the tires but theres still something to gain

Im on a 21 scythe
.095 tubing

I believe out of 20 in my class last week. I was the only Scythe kart out there.
Ive been 2 tenths off all year no matter the set of tires I put on the kart. and changing to a more flexible or different designed tubing might be
the only way I can pick up those 2 tenths. Dont get me wrong, but the chassis isn't bad.. and theres possible some more speed I can get out of the tires but theres still something to gain
If you truly feel you need a softer chassis then buy a new .083 frame. I would say it's either tires or a small adjustment you would need where are you racing at?

Vulcan
Premier
Diamond
New Kutless
New ultramax Evolve
Charger
Kinetic
Footloose

Are you often winning?
Always running up front?
Mostly running up front?
Fastest of the slow guys?
Mid pack?
Struggling?

If you truly feel you need a softer chassis then buy a new .083 frame. I would say it's either tires or a small adjustment you would need where are you racing at?
Im on a 21 scythe
.095 tubing

I just talked with a local guy here that's been on the Scythe this season, same with him needs 2 to 3 tenth and feels it's a pretty tight window with tires, and he's got great support.
Said he wishes he'd have stayed on his Recon.

I just talked with a local gut here that's been on the Scythe this season, same with him needs 2 to 3 tenth and feels it's a pretty tight window with tires, and he's got great support.
Of all chassis's this year the least I have seen if scythes honestly and most scythes I see disappear and they break the recon back out. I have heard the same from many people in many areas. It seems to be a tradition honestly with prc karts. People run the latest and greatest thing but go right back. Honestly, there is more people on tritons at my local track than recons and scythes. I could be wrong but it seems to be the case.

Of all chassis's this year the least I have seen if scythes honestly and most scythes I see disappear and they break the recon back out. I have heard the same from many people in many areas. It seems to be a tradition honestly with prc karts. People run the latest and greatest thing but go right back. Honestly, there is more people on tritons at my local track than recons and scythes. I could be wrong but it seems to be the case.
Everyone here is switching..im not bashing phantom by no means. Just curious why and how handle and feel in the corner compared to a scythe

I just talked with a local gut here that's been on the Scythe this season, same with him needs 2 to 3 tenth and feels it's a pretty tight window with tires, and he's got great support.
This blows my mind, I know everyone keeps saying "Well, everyone finally figured the Recon out." But, when the Recon came out and for several years people around here went back to the Triton or a different brand instead of to a Recon when they didn't like the Deuce or even the Minecon. Honestly we've been as fast or faster at times on our Scythe all year. We had a few issues and I think I've figured part of them out better now for next year. We run UAS/RWYB but the Scythe has been very good for us all year.

I'm not hating on the Recon, but with the Scythe being so close to a Triton it makes sense why they would release the Recon again for a little different chassis than designing a whole new chassis and it's better than the Deuce, lol. But, still blows my mind everyone prefers the Recon now vs before. I know some absolutely hated it. I personally think the Recon for us would still be a good chassis and others have done well with it in the UAS. But, we ran .035 and standard Tritons from 16-21. He says the Scythe has more corner speed, and has more roll speed than the Triton ever dreamed of. Maybe we got lucky? I don't know. I work our tires and been doing a lot of the same things. I feel like the Scythe does like a tad more bite in the tire than the Tritons, but besides that nothing has really changed tire wise.

@supermanJAE If you've made your mind up that you want a different chassis there is nothing wrong with that even if that chassis isn't old, it's your money your choice. Out of the chassis you've listed I've been interested in the Footloose myself personally. I am skeptically optimistic about the Kutless. I personally really want this chassis to be good. (But, that doesn't mean anything to anyone.) Since the LTO trick has really seemed to come back around and I really hope this chassis is a success. It's tempting me to try it as well. But, I am still slightly afraid of taking a chance.

I think all the chassis you listed are good, the Premier, Charger, and even the Eleanor Rails has been doing good in my area. I personally haven't seen a lot about the Vulcan or Diamond. The Evolve I'm going to hold my judgment till I personally see one in capable hands.

Back