Stumped out what chassis to buy

I was doing some research and have been tempted to post about chassis design in general. But, most people don't realize how close modern chassis are to one another.

You hear all the time, "This chassis is a copy of that chassis." Pretty sure there is a post in this thread essentially saying that very thing. The fact of the matter is, when you stop and measure a lot of chassis. Compare them to one another, more than looking at a picture. Most of the major measurements are VERY close to the same, and a lot of the components do the exact same thing. The chassis design might differ slightly, but what is the same are the connection points, and those other major measurements. So a few bars might be shaped slightly different, and yes this definitely effects some things. But, after a lot of the research I've done leads me to think the connection points for those bars are slightly more important.

So as BMR stated in their post, after 2010-15 chassis design hasn't really progressed geometry wise, or even component wise very much. It's ease of adjustment and making the components easier to adjust accurately and get the desired results.

So as others have said in this thread, go with the one you have support with.

I want to buy a New Chassis this off year too. But I am weighing my thoughts on what to do. I race 2, Umax BadMax karts. Thats all Ive raced since staring in 2013.. Ive had alot of wins on these karts so reluctant on changing... At my local Sat night track, my Bad Max won every race except 2, even hot lap sessions. One race in general tho, I got beat by a Slack Pursuit 1st, and a Recon 2nd and me finishing 3rd on my 2011. But the Kineticks were on tail. I really think it depends on Driver, Set up, Tires because Im no genious.. Lets say Im on the Kinetik, does those results change. Not Knocking Any Chassis Maker.. I really wanna buy New but still Kickin' it on these Umax karts.
If your 100 % satisfied with Ultramax stick with Ultramax, or you'll always question yourself, it's a mind thing.

If your 100 % satisfied with Ultramax stick with Ultramax, or you'll always question yourself, it's a mind thing.
Thats great advise, appreciate it. The one Bad Max I bought off the wall at BMI in 2017, bare frame 2011 model, I put every part on it brand new. So this kart has only been raced by me, about 15 races. This is the kart I won on most this year. My other BadMax is getting a little Aged, but its the one thats won me more races over the past 5 yrs. I bet its got 50 races on it. Still Rollin' tho.

Anyone have any feedback on the Demon Chassis?? The new Asylum is on my list for New.. That or a Slack.. Also got the Millenium Fanatic in my head thoughts too.. Thanks..

I
Anyone have any feedback on the Demon Chassis?? The new Asylum is on my list for New.. That or a Slack.. Also got the Millenium Fanatic in my head thoughts too.. Thanks..
The Demon is a copy of the Epic, also another copy out under a different name

54D7F234-6234-47C4-812A-5EA1CB91F806.jpeg

Attachments

• CHASSIS-SCYTHE-ADJUSTABLE-SEAT-MOUNT-1.jpg
    CHASSIS-SCYTHE-ADJUSTABLE-SEAT-MOUNT-1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 2CHASSIS-SCYTHE-ADJUSTABLE-SEAT-MOUNT-1 (1).jpg
    2CHASSIS-SCYTHE-ADJUSTABLE-SEAT-MOUNT-1 (1).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Read what Phantom writes about it's Scythe chassis.

Questions:

1. When did demanding you keep the chassis flat "apex and exit" by forcing weight back to the left side tires become a MUST to make speed?
answer: never DEMANDING it can only demand you increase conflict between tires or the likelihood of eating limited hp.

2. Does it go totally AGAINST Pat Donaldson' preaching's and writings of if you want to go faster you must make more bite.
answer: yes because of WHEN and WHERE it demands you make more bite weather you need it then and there or not.

IMHO the worst thing you can do is demand your chassis do something when your at the critical portion of the track where it's all about maintaining momentum. ... or not ?????

^^^^^^^^^^^

Read what Phantom writes about it's Scythe chassis.

Questions:

1. When did demanding you keep the chassis flat "apex and exit" by forcing weight back to the left side tires become a MUST to make speed?
answer: never DEMANDING it can only demand you increase conflict between tires or the likelihood of eating limited hp.

2. Does it go totally AGAINST Pat Donaldson' preaching's and writings of if you want to go faster you must make more bite.
answer: yes because of WHEN and WHERE it demands you make more bite weather you need it then and there or not.

IMHO the worst thing you can do is demand your chassis do something when your at the critical portion of the track where it's all about maintaining momentum. ... or not ?????
I wouldn't even consider this chassis. Phantoms factory drivers won't even use it, they're all on Recons. A lot of the former 'Phantom forever' big shots are driving Primiers, Chargers and Slacks.

IMHO Slacks always been the go to kart for tighter lower grip dirt tracks.

Question: What type of track and what conditions do most racers race on?

answer: ??????

Slacks work everywhere on every surface. the factory riders have put them on podiums in the north and south, indoors and out. Same with Chargers Kineticks and Primiers. for me its more about support than brand name. all the chassis work and will win. Slack stands behind every chassis they've made. Phantom doesn't. plane and simple. too many stories where phantoms advise is to purchase their latest chassis.

I play a lot of online poker.

An 8's halfway good or bad depending on how you choose to look at it.
I see it as only halfway good and would never bet on a pair less then halfway good unless I get to bet for cheap and have big pay off odds.

Would you bet or throw your money in on a halfway good chassis?

I think the original poster is trying to find a chassis better then halfway good before he throws his money in.

I remember Dave Turner often saying he knows nothing about dirt racing but if asked he would always suggested a Slack Chassis.

Back