Stumped out what chassis to buy

Diamond chassis owner claims Premier stole his former chassis design. Charger Hybrid ( I assume has both .095 and .830 wall tubing isn't even listed on their site. Umax Evolve only factory riders have been on. And I would personally never buy another Phantom EVER. I can see where picking a chassis at the moment is a bit daunting.

ordered my second Slack Pursuit $1000 less than nearly all the chassis mentioned above. has better components than any kart listed and hands down the best customer support in the business.

Diamond chassis owner claims Premier stole his former chassis design. Charger Hybrid ( I assume has both .095 and .830 wall tubing isn't even listed on their site. Umax Evolve only factory riders have been on. And I would personally never buy another Phantom EVER. I can see where picking a chassis at the moment is a bit daunting.

ordered my second Slack Pursuit $1000 less than nearly all the chassis mentioned above. has better components than any kart listed and hands down the best customer support in the business.
Where did you get your slack at that price? We are going to return to karting this year, raced from 1995 to 2013 or so, and have been looking at which brand we could get the best deal on 3-4 karts at once.

I'm like you, im not hating on Phantom, I remember back in the day, if you didn't have a stalker or banshee you wasn't winning, Harold is the innovator of karts we have now, but back then there was not but a few kart builders, now days there are so many kart builders is harder to compete. It seems like Phantom is stuck in a rut and trying things that's not working so good, im sure they will hit on something that will bring them back, but for now, at least down south, the Prodigy cadet, and Kinetik Vulcan, are very popular

Where did you get your slack at that price? We are going to return to karting this year, raced from 1995 to 2013 or so, and have been looking at which brand we could get the best deal on 3-4 karts at once.
I'd call Slack and ask.
Performance Manufacturing who makes the slack karts makes their own and 80% of all other kart manufacturers components. I think phantom makes the other 20%. charger and kinetic use PMI hubs axles and a lot of other little components. they all order a lot of their spindle components as well. some are trying to make their own now but in my opinion Slack kart components are better than most. if you look at a slack spindle it is 90% better than anything on any other kart out there. the people at slack told me other spindles angle is hit or miss the way they are fixtured and welded. the PMI part is machined screwed in and welded on a rotary axis welder. it does not loose cross like those weak charger house made spindles. (now found on primers karts). Ask a pro on a charger how many time a season they replace their spindles. Slacks come with mini gear hubs with alloy nuts full belly pans adjustable alloy pedals, bearing shields etc. you get more than others "pro" model in their base kart. $3000 is the list price on a Slack $4000 and 3800+ are the prices for Chargers and Diamond chassis and the Primeir is 'used' they are charging you $1000+ for a +150 body and a +20 fuel tank. I've got my own

I'd call Slack and ask.
Performance Manufacturing who makes the slack karts makes their own and 80% of all other kart manufacturers components. I think phantom makes the other 20%. charger and kinetic use PMI hubs axles and a lot of other little components. they all order a lot of their spindle components as well. some are trying to make their own now but in my opinion Slack kart components are better than most. if you look at a slack spindle it is 90% better than anything on any other kart out there. the people at slack told me other spindles angle is hit or miss the way they are fixtured and welded. the PMI part is machined screwed in and welded on a rotary axis welder. it does not loose cross like those weak charger house made spindles. (now found on primers karts). Ask a pro on a charger how many time a season they replace their spindles. Slacks come with mini gear hubs with alloy nuts full belly pans adjustable alloy pedals, bearing shields etc. you get more than others "pro" model in their base kart. $3000 is the list price on a Slack $4000 and 3800+ are the prices for Chargers and Diamond chassis and the Primeir is 'used' they are charging you $1000+ for a +150 body and a +20 fuel tank. I've got my own
Definitely something I need to look into..never understood why the make spindles or bolts that have to be replaced after a few races

Definitely something I need to look into..never understood why the make spindles or bolts that have to be replaced after a few races
One thing is how they drive in the pro clone classes, that is some of the roughest drivers in the clone classes ( at the big money races ) like Batesville, no wonder they bend spindles. We grew up racing, when you spin someone out or you get spun, the one that done it goes to the back and the other gets their spot back, not these races, they don't even have a black flag I guess because they sure don't use it. You don't want to be leading the race with one lap to go because they will send you in the wall. Last year at Batesville I think Chavous was on pole for all his races, lead all the laps and got dumped on the last lap, I think in every race, that's just dirty racing, but any way that's why they change so many spindles

One thing is how they drive in the pro clone classes, that is some of the roughest drivers in the clone classes ( at the big money races ) like Batesville, no wonder they bend spindles. We grew up racing, when you spin someone out or you get spun, the one that done it goes to the back and the other gets their spot back, not these races, they don't even have a black flag I guess because they sure don't use it. You don't want to be leading the race with one lap to go because they will send you in the wall. Last year at Batesville I think Chavous was on pole for all his races, lead all the laps and got dumped on the last lap, I think in every race, that's just dirty racing, but any way that's why they change so many spindles
I'm not talking about changing a bent spindle. I'm talking about putting new spindles on because the kart doesn't scale out like it did. I know how ruough they are in the pros but Chavous has a new spindle on for every weekend reguardless if its bent or not

Wonder if slack spindles fit on other karts.
I believe other Kart brands change spindles cause of flex and they loose durability over certain races

Wonder if slack spindles fit on other karts.
I believe other Kart brands change spindles cause of flex and they loose durability over certain races
just be sure its the same angle spindle to fit corresponding L block Charger uses a 5/15 split I believe slack is 10 degree both sides

I'm not talking about changing a bent spindle. I'm talking about putting new spindles on because the kart doesn't scale out like it did. I know how ruough they are in the pros but Chavous has a new spindle on for every weekend reguardless if its bent or not
I know what you saying, the pros change them every race, and most change the rear axle also, but what I was saying is they almost have to because they so rough.

Man you need to be a kinetik salesman! I see you promote them all the time! I can say I am right there with you! Kinetiks are amazing!
I know Wesley personally, before he started KInetik, and I been with him since he started in 2014, I had two 2014, two 2015, one 2017, two 2018, and one Vulcan, I had many other brands of karts in the past and the Kinetik always worked good for us down south. I still have a 2015, 2017, 2018 and the 2021 Vulcan. It's kinda funny but in a way I am a salesman for him, no one around where I live had a Kinetik but you win races and people pay attention, now there are more Kinetiks at the races than any other brand, so yep I sold a lot of them for him.

Just throwing in my $0.02 to add to the concurrent value of this thread, lol.

Chassis technology between early 2000s to 2010s saw massive changes in adjustability and shape design (LTO dynamics) while chassis technology in to 2010s to present hasn't so much changed in those departments but rather ergonomic design and how those adjustments are accessed. Every manufacturer may have something "unique" to each their own brand, but you won't see an adjustment or major tech one brand has over the other. It's not like the day when rear end pills and sliding spindle plates just had the curtains ripped off of them.

It's not hard to "over consider" how the shape of each chassis effects how it performs, but the honest input - output of the chassis is that if it simply works how you want/ as you need OR not.

I've been a PRC fanboy for years but I still prefer the Triton over any other and this is simply why:
- It works, I can feel/ understand it. The "reviews" of this chassis are well documented as well.
- It's definitely still fast, I do not feel like I am at any disadvantage simply because its 10 years older than the chassis next to it, I'm not missing any major technologies.
- It's meticulously maintained, its been stripped, powder-coated and reassembled with fresh everything numerous times so it stays "new" (part of the trick)
- It's extremely supported both in parts and setup, even most local setup guys have probably dialed in a Triton plenty of times. Many of the major parts are universal to the other newer models.

^ This isnt a PRC thing, apply this to any chassis that fits your demographic/ location and you are good to go IMO. But these are the exact reasons why I maintain it as needed and spend more time playing with tires. Which by the way how the chassis reacts/ level of tire forgiveness is another variable worth mentioning.

If I was going to pick a 2022 chassis though, I personally like the Kinetic. But probably only because of the similarities I learned I loved with the Triton. This came with time.

For someone brand new, there's a bit of a gamble if you are going to fall in love with that first chassis or not, so I can see how it can be overwhelming. I imagine this and loss of interest is one of the main reasons why we see so many new chassis for sale lightly used.

Side story: When the Recon first came out, I saw that front seat mount setup and was sold in my mind that that was a benefit I didn't have. When I stripped the Triton down, I welded a side bracket that copied how the recon seat bar mounted off the engine rail so I could have this benefit too. I wound up not liking it, going back to the standard post. I'm not saying it was a "gimmick" because had I loved it, I'd be promoting that decision. But what I'm getting at is that you really don't know until you try for yourself and find out what works and what doesn't.

We as racers typically react to needing adjustments with tires. Your chassis is your foundation for those effects to work off of. Granted there are many trackside chassis adjustments as well, but we typically only do this when we know that it is NOT our tires causing said variable.

Last edited:
I want to buy a New Chassis this off year too. But I am weighing my thoughts on what to do. I race 2, Umax BadMax karts. Thats all Ive raced since staring in 2013.. Ive had alot of wins on these karts so reluctant on changing... At my local Sat night track, my Bad Max won every race except 2, even hot lap sessions. One race in general tho, I got beat by a Slack Pursuit 1st, and a Recon 2nd and me finishing 3rd on my 2011. But the Kineticks were on tail. I really think it depends on Driver, Set up, Tires because Im no genious.. Lets say Im on the Kinetik, does those results change. Not Knocking Any Chassis Maker.. I really wanna buy New but still Kickin' it on these Umax karts.

We have a 2015 Genesis I bought from a friend who really knows karts and we have run it a couple of years now. It's been really good on all the tracks we have seen, at local races as well as big races. And we seem to never have to do any chassis adjustments. Very tire friendly and my understanding is the newer stuff is very similar in these regards. And, as noted above, Wesley is very helpful with any questions.

Back