Stupid Rookie Question on Tire Treatment

kamml53

Site Supporter
Do you apply treatment to all four tires, or just the rear or otherwise just descrete application to improve specific traction on a given corner tire? I use the Trac Tack Blue cleaner, and it really works well. But I have not used any other treatments so far. I am considering Trak Tack Orange for the upcoming season at Ashway and Godsend.

Do you apply treatment to all four tires, or just the rear or otherwise just descrete application to improve specific traction on a given corner tire? I use the Trac Tack Blue cleaner, and it really works well. But I have not used any other treatments so far. I am considering Trak Tack Orange for the upcoming season at Ashway and Godsend.
You generally treat all 4 tires the same. If you're prepping a single tire or just right sides different and yielding better results, that would indicate another issue.

I'd get in touch with FBR. The tracks you mentioned are local to them. They provide great support to that region.

have to agree with Burris Racer here your best bet is to get with FBR they are VERY helpful and will point you in the right direction. These two tracks are close in location but take a completely different tire.

1st, there are no stupid rookie questions. If you don't know the answer, then the stupidest thing is to NOT ask questions.
I'd agree with Burris racer; if you are considering treating tires differently from corner to corner then you are likely trying to band-aid another problem with set-up.
Prep all 4 the same. I even like to have all 4 tires duro the same (although understandably many racers share LF tires from set to set that may not be exactly the same.)
If you prep all 4 the same, then it makes diagnosing handling problems much easier by looking at your tires' wear, heat build-up, temp build-up, etc. You can easily tell which tire is working the hardest.
If they are prepped differently, then you are always trying to figure out if they are being worked incorrectly or if the result is simply from the differing prep you did to them.

Doesn't matter where you race - choose a prep program and stick with it. Your supplier will be able to help you best with specific application of their preps since they made them and know them best.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Trust me when I say this, there is no such thing as a stupid question, especially when the subject is tire care/treatment/prepping in karting. It is a part of the game you will never have enough knowledge or experience no matter how long you’re in it. I would suggest visiting with someone like Brian Carlson/Carlson Motorsports via phone who can set you up with a basic tire preparation program that includes tires, techniques and preps/chemicals needed to get you started. 😉

Back