Nov 18/19 Sturgis KY
Dec 2/3 Greenville KY
Dec 16/17 Sturgis KY
Jan 13/14 Greenville KY
Jan 20/21 Sturgis KY
Feb 10/11 Greenville KY

DAVID PORTER
270-847-9601

Why is Russellville any worse than anywhere else? I've never raced indoor before, but the pics I saw made it look like a decent configuration.

It has days when it can be rather bumpy or start coming apart. And, days when it is better.
Ok appreciate the info, I was considering doing some indoor, but even before this I was leaning towards just being patient and not wrecking my new kart I'm hoping will last several years before the season even starts.

Why is Russellville any worse than anywhere else? I've never raced indoor before, but the pics I saw made it look like a decent configuration.
My first indoor race was Russellville a couple weeks ago. It’s totally different racing than outdoor. Russellville was flat almost banked a little backwards. Liberty indoor this past weekend was absolutely great. Nice banked indoor track. It was fast fast with a lot of bite.

I watched a Jr class at Sturgis a few weeks ago. Basically two kids got locked together guy in back was on top of the kid in fronts bumper coming out of turn 4 they went straight into a hay bail and when they pushed that hay bail into the Concrete it stopped the front kart completely and the kart in the back went over the front karts seat and pushed the kids head into the steering wheel then it sort of tipped on its side off of him. They got them straightened up and acted like nothing happened. About broke that boys neck, and really opened my eye about hard barriers. Take care fellas.

The concrete wall at Greenville is undefeated. Still the King. But so are all the others. That said, we were at an indoor race that had hay bales and a livestock fence around the corners. A guys throttle stuck, he went thru the bales like they weren't even there, got the nose of his kart under the bottom horizontal bar of a fence section. Had to cut his kart apart to free him. So what's worse?

Last edited:
Back