Sunday racing?

kartracer51

Would any of you guys be interested in Sunday races around the Virginia/North Carolina area? Everyone else races on Saturdays and a few on Fridays and I just want to see if racers would be interested in Sunday evening racing.

Sunday yes ! No one from VA to GA races on Sunday ! If they did I don't know how I missed it. People today are being mandated more and more to work Saturday.

Why not Sunday evening? Stock car tracks all over do it with great success. Kids are out if school, starting later gives church people time to get out and get to the track. Honey do list in the am gets done. Majority of people have off work. People who want to race will take 1 day a week less in sleep to go racing.

Why not Sunday evening? Stock car tracks all over do it with great success. Kids are out if school, starting later gives church people time to get out and get to the track. Honey do list in the am gets done. Majority of people have off work. People who want to race will take 1 day a week less in sleep to go racing.
Need to get the kids home at a decent hour while school is still in. Other than that??? Yeah, why not?

Gotta remember in the south. You are in the biblebelt. Some folks just are not gonna race on Sunday's.

I know of a man that used to race stock cars until 12:01 am Sunday morning. Clock would get to midnight and heard he would pull in. No matter the running position.......never seen it myself but a very reliable source told me this.

Being from upstate NY myself this was something I learned when I moved south 25 years ago. Don't plan much on Sunday.

Baptist go 2x on sunday. Just something to consider.....

I think a nice Friday night program with about 6-8 classes would have a better long term success. If they want to race friday and saturday the choice is there. Or run Friday and take the rest of the weekend to live a little.

My $0.02...

Cross anchor races on every other Sunday. Last week was the first race of the grass roots series.

Gotta remember in the south. You are in the biblebelt. Some folks just are not gonna race on Sunday's.

I know of a man that used to race stock cars until 12:01 am Sunday morning. Clock would get to midnight and heard he would pull in. No matter the running position.......never seen it myself but a very reliable source told me this.

Being from upstate NY myself this was something I learned when I moved south 25 years ago. Don't plan much on Sunday.

Baptist go 2x on sunday. Just something to consider.....

I think a nice Friday night program with about 6-8 classes would have a better long term success. If they want to race friday and saturday the choice is there. Or run Friday and take the rest of the weekend to live a little.

My $0.02...

How many people work on Friday? Millbridge speedway just proved that Friday didn't work.

Raceway 7 Friday , Stateline Sat, Eriez Sunday. All 3 good stock car count and good crowds. But not bible belt.

Why do we not race on Sunday because of church ? It's their choice to race or not. Unfortunately for some the reality is that things are changing. So because of church we all lose out ? What about people who lose out and no one says a word because they work.

So people who work lose on Saturday, then lose on Sunday because others want no racing because of church. I just can't get behind it. Plenty of racing happens on Saturday, no reason a working man shouldn't have a opportunity to race.

But many will say find a new job, that's your problem and choice.

But Sunday church is your choice so it goes both ways.

Its easier to make judgements when your able to race anywhere on Saturday vs staring at your trailer debating on selling because your career won't allow you to go race sundays because no tracks are open.

Original post was from May 25, 2016
Since then, other than an occasional rain make-up, I don't remember any tracks in the VA / NC area running on Sunday.
According to the poster's statistics, this is the only post he ever made on 4cycle. Was he fishing for justification to open a track on Sundays? If so, apparently it didn't happen... or is this 2016 date wrong?

I asked a track owner about running on Sundays a few years ago - he didn't think that he'd get people to show up, or workers for his track. He also had promised neighbors that there wouldn't be racing noise on Sundays. He did allow open practice on Sundays, but he wasn't there and didn't have anybody working there. You weren't allowed to start until noon, and had to leave by the time it got dark (although after about 2:30 the track was pretty dried out and useless for meaningful testing anyway). This owner has since passed on, and although the track is still there it is now only operated sporadically (by the management of another area track), and past operators quit the Sunday practices years ago.

I would like to see tracks race on Sunday, since I am often too covered up with work to get to race most Fridays or Saturdays.
Or be open for practice days.
Best would be having some good experienced racers present on those practice days, who would offer to help you sort out your racing problems. Yes, I'd pay for that!

When we raced 2 day invitational events, Sundays we started engines after 12pm. But that was in the heathen Upstate NY North. :)

Take church out of the equation and running motors before noon is just a little disrespectful anyway.

17 years of my working adult life I have been working on Saturday. The world is changing, and many of us are working Saturday. I worked many sundays as well.

We have a series in Ohio that races Sundays. It doesnt start til afternoon on some tracks. You can go to church and race both. They limit the number of classes so it doent take all day, could make service twice if you choose.

Ok let's just do this , scratch my yankee ways I'm in the south I'll sell out like the rest. The tracks can go broke n keep racing 4 or 6 kart fields and I'll go golfing on SUNDAY am I allowed to do that?

Back