Surging help

Racing03

Engine won’t surge over 4800. Do I need to move the spring under the tank to get it to surge at higher rpm. Motor is stock out of the box. Surge rule is 5500.

holy crap at 5500 just take the governor off the springs will surge it for ya at 5500.....assuming it’s all stock.

Tie the coils together on the big spring. About three or 4. If that doesn’t work and it is a hemi replace the springs. If that doesn’t work adjust the governor arm where it goes in the block

Engine won’t surge over 4800. Do I need to move the spring under the tank to get it to surge at higher rpm. Motor is stock out of the box. Surge rule is 5500.
I would think that you are reading the rule wrong, most rules can’t turn over 5500 RPM but engine must surge at wide open throttle on the stand, so if you max out at 5000 on the stand and the engine surges you are good, 99% of the winners that I check never turn over 4950 on the stand and most are usually around 4820

I would think that you are reading the rule wrong, most rules can’t turn over 5500 RPM but engine must surge at wide open throttle on the stand, so if you max out at 5000 on the stand and the engine surges you are good, 99% of the winners that I check never turn over 4950 on the stand and most are usually around 4820
Correct. They fall on their face right around 5k why you would want more is beyond me. Power curve just dive bombs. Most of these guys need to figure gearing out. More rpm dont mean more power!

Back