suspected scam ???

thabiuk

Not sure if it is or not,

I posted a for trade or sale add for a Bandolero on Racing Junk.

I have gone back and forth with a couple buyers, who want to buy us out. 2 or 3 of them were realistic offers I would expect other is on the high end of what I asked for. Everyones phone number comes up in the general SE area, the high offer is a New Mexico number. When searched it comes up NM with a couple RU listings.

He is offering $ paypal.

He also mentioned he had a friend in the area that he would like to send to pick up.

Gut tells me it is fishy, I told the customer I would like to meet the person picking it up prior to any payment or bring cash.

Opinions?

I have gone back and forth with a couple buyers, who want to buy us out. 2 or 3 of them were realistic offers I would expect other is on the high end of what I asked for. Everyones phone number comes up in the general SE area, the high offer is a New Mexico number. When searched it comes up NM with a couple RU listings.

He is offering $ paypal.

He also mentioned he had a friend in the area that he would like to send to pick up.

Gut tells me it is fishy, I told the customer I would like to meet the person picking it up prior to any payment or bring cash.

Opinions?

i would think if you recieved your funds in your account(paypal) you should be ok,unless he has someones paypal info...as far as being outta state and someone picking up,i have had a couple kart deals like that.....check into his name,phone number addy email ect for more info and just tell the guy your a little leary and need more personal info...

Yeah told the guy I will not accept payment until I meet the person picking up, and that it only takes 5 minutes to process the order so I was not worried.

He said his buddy was coming over after he got off work, but said he would not send him until he sent payment over.

I never gave him the address but they are supposedly on the way over.

PayPal, if you have good transaction history, is about the only protection you CAN hope for. Money orders can be faked or scams too. I'd request some more info and chat with all parties via phone and ask for some references at a local kart track (to the buyer).

what if he pays and later once the stuff is picked up , the buyer can say "I never sent anyone over yet to get my stuff" then what can you do if he says he was ripped off?

scam

had a friend who had puppies for sale. found a buyer who wanted one. told her a friend would come by and pay her with a check. when they got there the check was more than the agreed price. So the friend said thats ok just give me the difference back in cash and we will be ok. she would not do that . told them to leave and called the police who told her since she did not lose any money there was nothing they could do. sounds like it might be the same scam.

its a scam. steer clear of it. I had the same thing tried on me when I was selling my bass amp worth a lot of money. Scammers are everywhere now days, go with your gut.

The old saying- In God we Trust, all others bring cash.

Sounds like a scam.

He is offering $ paypal.

Opinions?

Yeah....he would not voice verify and insisted on paypal before picking up kart. He said he could do it right now from his phone, I told him we could do that while we talked karting and enjoyed a beer....I have not heard back.

I feel it was a scam.

Back