SUZUKI BANDIT 400cc , I NEED TO KNOW WHAT U KNOW??

dog616

I have 24hrs to give the goahead on getting a sweeeet deal on a Suzuki Bandit 400cc motor . 28.000kms , Exellent condition , Comes with everything to have it run ,Everything
A mind numbing $300NZ which is approx $160-170 US
listing-1922865752.htm

I NEED YOUR TRANSPARENT OPINION ON THIS ENGINE <GOING IN A DAP A-frame GP kart .
I HAVE BEEN SOAKING UP AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I'M BIAS AGAINST ME .
lOVE THE SOUND , THE POWER OUTPUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT VARIABLES IS VERY GOOD . REALIABLE ..

POP MY BALOON IF YOU HAVE TO OR TELL ME IT'S ALL GOOD
PLEASE PEOPLE FRM
NEW ZEALAND
:confused::p

Attachments

• P1070747.jpg
    P1070747.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 20
  • P1070845.jpg
    P1070845.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • bandit400cc.jpg
    bandit400cc.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 23
No idea but at 160 dollars us .
How could you go wrong.
It's a 4cylinder that's how .
Weight and size say no.

People do all kinds of weird engine combos on "fun" karts (racing karts for track days or screwing around...) It will be hard to make it scale right, the power will be lower than you hope for, and the handling may be atrocious, but it will probably be a fun tire burner. For that price, I'd be tempted to try it, but do nothing to modify the chassis....adapt the mount, not the frame. Otherwise, go buy an old Formula A engine and put it on and remove all the extra weight and go have just as much fun, IMO. To each their own.

Getting the help i need

HI
TED
First thankyou very much for your reply.When you don't know where to turn other than the pitch to the misses... having a resource like this to turn to is priceless.
:confused:Attached is the motor and kart pics
Well i'm totally out of wack now . So don't warm up the angle grinder . To be hounest that would be my first port of call lol..
That bandit motor is to big to put it beside me , way to big i think .And i don't know what the deal is with the DAp A- frame . Some one said it's sacraledge to chop it up .That's a bit mellow dramatic i think .
I reakon the 400c is a good size , 60 HP +_ which is ok ,Great sound .
Your right though if you look hard enough it seems as every Motorbike engine has made it's way big or small inot a Go Kart somewhere.
And then there's the value for money which to be hounest i was not evn thinking about. My mind was soley on the build. $170 for what is said to be

QUOTE >>>>THIS IS THE ADVERT
This is an excellent condition Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit Engine. It has 28,000km on it and runs like a dream. It was purchased as a replacement engine for a Bandit but that never eventuated. It would make a great go kart project or simply refresh your GSF400 or GSXR400
I have everything it needs to run excluding the CDI and exhaust manifold.
It will come complete with the below items.
- OEM Airbox
- Gauge Cluster and Wire loom
- Igniters
- Carbs

If i cut the Kart up will i lose something i can't get back???
I think if i cannot come to an aggrement in tmy own mind i'll role with it if i get the 100% on the Motor and delivery and then iyt's in the bag .
If you don't mind i have a couple of questions plz ???
How long realisticlly should i put on the build time?
How do i know if i'm goin to far if that makes sense . I want to go into this with a clear head and a solid plan . Not get carried away and end up with a pile of metal .
This may sould sad but i'm going to shell out a coupe of bucks on getting a Bro over to do most of the weilding , Don't get me wrong i'm ok but regarding the pressures and strains being put on the chassis i don't think i'm good enough to put my own guarentee on it . Ted does that sound stupid and a waste of $ . Is it better to do my own work and just go over it ? .
HERE"S THE KICKER TED i know i don't know u but if this goes ahead would you mind if i come across a situation that needs an opinion can i run it past you at your l please plz ? I will not harass u in any way or ask for anything otnher than what if anything you want to offer ??
If i start getting into it i won't stop .
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply Ted .
Hopefully i may talk to you in the future

Kind regard

AARON R

Grammer & spelling take 2 long:p

Attachments

• bandit400.jpg
    bandit400.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1070747.jpg
    P1070747.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1070734.jpg
    P1070734.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14
Thanks to anyone who is willing to take there time to offer their knowledge . I find when i hit the wall with my own understanding and logic > having somewhere like this where real enthusiasts are willing to offer there knowledge not for a buck but to help karting as a whole is priceless !!!!

The people who know the chassis say don't do it .
What's your end game , why do it.
Honestly looks like a mess in the making.

Back