Switching from green plate to purple plate

GINGANINJA8

What kind of gear change should be made when switching from green to purple on the same track? 1/5 mile momentum track in north east georgia

If your little driver has it figured out and is real good at maximizing momentum with the green plate good chance you will be 1 front driver size smaller, this is not always the case some tracks you can run the same.

If your little driver has it figured out and is real good at maximizing momentum with the green plate good chance you will be 1 front driver size smaller, this is not always the case some tracks you can run the same.
So purple is one front gear smaller than green? Green 18/65. Purple 17/65?

So purple is one front gear smaller than green? Green 18/65. Purple 17/65?
Close with good momentum building track surface you'll most likely end up 17/64 or even a 63, I'd start on the 65 and go from there If your target R.P.M is close early or even little over you'll know you need to pull rear according, then depending on where the rear ended up next I'd be proving IF you can pull an 18 front.

I know very little about 4 cycles, or plates, but I'm having trouble understanding why you would go to a lower gear ratio with a bigger plate! Maybe I'm not understanding? Ha, It's possible. And, depending on your gear ratio, one tooth on the sprocket is equal to approximately 4 teeth on the axle. What gear set are you using? In 2 cycle racing, for any given track, it's been my experience that 2 teeth on the axle makes a huge difference, and in 2 cycle racing, we run twice as lower a gear ratio, approximately.

I know very little about 4 cycles, or plates, but I'm having trouble understanding why you would go to a lower gear ratio with a bigger plate! Maybe I'm not understanding? Ha, It's possible. And, depending on your gear ratio, one tooth on the sprocket is equal to approximately 4 teeth on the axle. What gear set are you using? In 2 cycle racing, for any given track, it's been my experience that 2 teeth on the axle makes a huge difference, and in 2 cycle racing, we run twice as lower a gear ratio, approximately.
Never mind not worth it !!

AL,
BC27FB1B-3D41-4ECD-8685-33CBC11BDD7F.jpeg

Back