Switching to a different plate

Colt sr

So i have a clone engine that i was told by the original builder that it was built for jr1. I am trying to have it switched to a purple plate so we can run our jr sportsman in possibly the ocks series. The builder was rj saylor... how much work will need to be done to this engine to get it to specs? And should i take it to saylor racing engines or find another builder to freshen it up?

If you race ocks without a proper built purple plate motor you will just be a field filler. Ok if just trying to gain experience but don’t expect to be competitive without doing ALL the little things.

If you race ocks without a proper built purple plate motor you will just be a field filler. Ok if just trying to gain experience but don’t expect to be competitive without doing ALL the little things.
Tires, Tires, tires. That’s all it’s about.

I agree tires are a huge part but you don’t have that bit of leniency on a plate engine you do with an unrestricted. A great competitive plate engine borders on rocket science.
Yes but I’ve seen mediocre engines gap karts with good engines with the right tires and setup.

That is why i asked about it before i just put a different plate and a jet in it... i also would like to note that if most of the tracks were not changing to the purple plate clone and we could still run our flathead or animals we would be fine. I know that tires play a major role in the ocks series and we are pretty well set on tires since i hung my helmet up to let my son race.

They say the junior karts are too fast so they run purple plate to slow them down. I say maybe the unrestricted guys are just slow!
I wanted the kids to run that series too but I think the engine rules will keep us from running it.

They say the junior karts are too fast so they run purple plate to slow them down. I say maybe the unrestricted guys are just slow!
I wanted the kids to run that series too but I think the engine rules will keep us from running it.
Yeah i am trying to find a track we can run our animal on but i will have a purple plate clone in the stable so we can swap to run a few of the ocks races. I was verifying what to do because on a flathead all you have to do is put a plate and jet it then let it eat.

Just wondering, you're going from what size plates to what size plate?

I ask because; Going from one Jet sizeto to the next size jet is about a 5.2% change in fuel flow. Depending on what Size jet you're going to. Smaller jets, larger percentage and vice versa. Then, depending on the size difference between the 2 plates, one jett size change might be too much.

Just wondering, you're going from what size plates to what size plate?

I ask because; Going from one Jet sizeto to the next size jet is about a 5.2% change in fuel flow. Depending on what Size jet you're going to. Smaller jets, larger percentage and vice versa. Then, depending on the size difference between the 2 plates, one jett size change might be too much.
We are new to the clone... i currently have a clone built to jr1 specs as of now due to current rules we need a jr3 engine aka purple plate at the tracks we run... we have always ran flatheads but due to current track changes we have to run clone at most tracks... on the flathead when we switched to a plate on an unrestricted build we went from a 49 jet to a 52 with no issues... .

We are new to the clone... i currently have a clone built to jr1 specs as of now due to current rules we need a jr3 engine aka purple plate at the tracks we run... we have always ran flatheads but due to current track changes we have to run clone at most tracks... on the flathead when we switched to a plate on an unrestricted build we went from a 49 jet to a 52 with no issues...
Not knowing The carb size, or the plate size, I have nothing to go by as far as percentages Are concerned. 49 to 52 is about a 15% increase in fuel. On the flat head, what's the size of the stock-carb and the size of the plate you used?

Back