T4 frame & engine from Tollotson???

So last night I was at the Ocala Grand Prix (FL) playing with rental karts on their track. There was a 206 and two 2-cycle karts there we were having to alternate sessions with. During some down time I went to chat with the 206 guy. So as I chatted with a few others telling them I was from NC they ask me about what was the deal with the Tollotson engine and kart combination. I told them I never heard of it. They ask me about the 212 tolloston and I told them I thought it was just another clone based on the Honda design but they said they thought it was based on the 206 design????? Well today I searched EC Birtt...nothing about a frame and engine combination then I searched Tillotson,and there it was engine and frame for under 4000. The guys in FL said people were buying them, quite a few. Anyone know anthing about this and who they are buying these from? here is the link to see the deal

https://tillotson.ie/products/racing/t4-series/

I read about that package too. I THINK it's big, or starting to get big, in the UK. That's just the impression I got from the ad I saw. I have no idea what the motor is based on, but it appears to make about 5 more HP then our Briggs 206's. That would be nice as long as they were just as reliable! Obviously with the Tillotson carb, that would be something you could actually make major adjustments on...unlike our 206's. As I recall the whole package is on par with a complete 206 package price wise.
I'm sure some of our more experienced 4 cycle folks can look at the pictures and tell us more about the engine itself.
If the introduction of something like this in the USA could grow karting AGAIN, the way the 206 has.....bring it on!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

We have a couple of blogs on the block and parts of the rotating assembly.

Tillotson 225 Block

Tillotson 225 vs. 228 Assembly

We haven't stocked the Tillotson 225RS because the carburetor is still in development. The HW went through a couple of versions but then dropped for the TCT Carb, then a Mikuni-Style Slide carburetor for their last race at Anderson. The carburetor was changed to improve starting, and they are also revising the header. The engine is based on the Honda or Clone but with a 72mm bore. The chassis is a private label IPK chassis. I ran the kart and engine at Carolina Motorsports Park and ran a Razor chassis with the Tillotson 225RS at Charlotte, where we ran similar lap times to the vintage limited modifieds.

Here's a clip where I was running at Carolina Motorsports Park during practice

The engine program would be successful once they figure out the carb, header, and a complete rule package. Most of the tracks running the programs like AMP and Andersen where they can support the package at the club level. We ran them in the Maxxis Sprint Series, but it's not at the volume to support national racing. Most of the season ran less than 4 karts at each race except the first at Carolina Motorsports Park.

We've been using the 225 blocks to create 228cc and 236cc engines for guys running modified clones. The block was part of the winning combination in the 14.5ci open class at the Big O.

My suggestion would be to look in to a PRO GAS motor. It is the exact same engine used in 206 racing. Once the blocks are no good for the 206.. there is the PRO GAS class. Swop out cam, put on an unlimited coil, put in a billet rod. reset the carb and your off at 8200 RPM.

I think this should be the senior and "experienced" class in any 206 series.. It is a Briggs motor.

I don't think mixing engine types / manufacturers in the 206 series is a smart idea.

Back