Tach for clone

Wouldn’t mind trying that on my youngest’s kart. He’s just running the 79cc predator and all I really need his first year is max rpm recall to set gearing.

I bought one to use at the track to check tomorrow on the predators. Works fine if ya can undey the instructions. Hard to comprehend the language. Never turns off.

It's recall function works and it has rpm while idling so for $20 seemed like a decent buy. If it craps out before long i will report back.

If that's all your karting is going to be is your personal concessions kart then that will be fine, but no temp is a huge mistake, no lap times another mistake.
Recalling lap times with CHT helps diagnosis chassis problems.
But as I said if that's all you want is to turn laps and don't care about competing you didn't even need the one you bought

XXX- its for his kids kart, many of us use these in our rookie drivers just to watch RPM to know when gearing is right/wrong. The rest will come later as the kids get more seat time.

XXX- its for his kids kart, many of us use these in our rookie drivers just to watch RPM to know when gearing is right/wrong. The rest will come later as the kids get more seat time.

Kids kart or not, your missing information that could make the kids experience more enjoyable, trust me if a kid is running mid pack every week they soon lose intrest.
Recalling laps crossed with CHT tells you if it's a gear problem or a kart problem, knowing lap times let's you know how far off the pace you are

So to go a little further.
My lap times are down but my rpm is good then do I have a gear problem ?
Adding gear and no gain in rpm or lap times I'm gear bound .
My lap times are good but my cht is higher then normal I have a kart problem?

Don was looking for input from XXX40.
He eluded to the use of tach with no explination.

You know so much, answer your own question, I know what info I get from a tach, and it's more than rpms, rpms alone can be misleading

I'm not concerned about my knowledge.
Your the one who stated that the other people could learn from a better device.
You can't teach with out giving the them the tools to find the solution.

Thank you. I wasn't going to respond to his post. I bought it mainly because i wanted to know what the idle rpm was and to know when the clutch was starting to engage.

Back