Take the quiz.

Jimbo

You can fool some of the people some of the time
HOW MANY PULLS DID IT TAKE TO START THE ENGINE?
This is for those with new LO 206 engines that have never been started before.
Make sure you have oil in the engine!
Place a piece of fuel line over the fuel tank vent hole and blow fuel all the way up and into the carb.
Watch the fuel flow through the fuel lines up to the carb and continue blowing for a few seconds to make sure the carb is full. You will not over fill the carb since the float will shut fuel flow off once the bowl is full.
Have someone sit in the kart with the brakes on and depress the throttle SLIGHTLY.
If you don't have a helper block the rear wheels off the floor just for safety's sake.
Put the choke on and pull the recoil starter.
HOW MANY PULLS DID IT TAKE TO START THE ENGINE?

I struggled early last season until it was suggested to not use the choke. Lesson learned. After sitting all winter, it started on the very first pull. It starts easy.

Actually didn't know I had to blow through the fuel cap, but got mine running after a few pulls... And after getting the 206 primed that way, she fires right up... I can start'er up on the kart stand with an easy pull, no real need to choke'er either.... Cant wait to get this thing on the track:).....

Once the fuel has filled the bowl, it should start on the first pull. (Actually, most engines "should.") The Lo206 has proven to be a very reliable engine overall. Certainly many less glitches than it's clone counterpart.

Once on the track, there's even more to be excited about. :)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I use a fuel shutoff in the top of the tank for venting and priming with a hose and fuel filter for dirt. just blow in the hose and its primed and no worries about venting or dirt in your tank.

I'm gonna say it's a trick question.

I wouldn't think you'd need the choke, but I bet there is more to this than Jim is letting on.

No hidden agenda.
The point is that if you do everything right you can start it with ONE pull.
The key is to blow fuel from the fuel tank up and into the carb and then have the idle set high enough for it to start.

No hidden agenda.
The point is that if you do everything right you can start it with ONE pull.
The key is to blow fuel from the fuel tank up and into the carb and then have the idle set high enough for it to start.

Good to know!

Back