Tanks

I know a few people were interested in some tanks I can’t make use of and I accidentally deleted my inbox so I’m posting them here and their cost.

1 KG 9.5L plastic tank - brand new, never used. Has the option to replace the vent with another pickup line for dual carbs. Was gonna take a heat gun to it to cram it in but decided not to. $50 to your door.

1 spun aluminum tank measuring 6x25. It has one 3/8” NPT fitting on the bottom and a vent on top. 60 to your door.

would like to charge more for these but shipping is so much for their size that making a profit seems dumb considering I have no use for them. The plastic tank will fit on most pre-2015 chassis or the Umax rival. And aluminum tank will fit on the side of the left nerf bar if you center your seat a little.

Last edited:
I don’t have a picture of the plastic tank, but it is brand new and the same one as pictured below. The aluminum photo is mine.

Attachments

• 2177B740-FDC8-41F2-9718-F7A30AC1DB4D.jpeg
    2177B740-FDC8-41F2-9718-F7A30AC1DB4D.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 6A7376EF-4565-4205-A2AA-D9BFB4705EB8.png
    6A7376EF-4565-4205-A2AA-D9BFB4705EB8.png
    518.4 KB · Views: 55
Does the alum tank have any kind of rollover valve?
The problem I see, with the thing you are asking for, is cost.

The only way, that I've come up with anyway, to make a tank spill proof is by using a bladder. Almost Nobody wants to pay for that. If it was made mandatory by the governing bodies, then maybe it would be possible, but it's going to raise the price of tanks, substantially.

Things like this come about because of demonstrated necessity, of which there has been none in karting. So far! Not that I know of anyway.

No it doesn’t unfortunately. BAM makes almost all of these cylinder tanks and it’s an option when having one built but I purchased this used. You could easily split the tank in half and install one and tig it back together if you know someone.

I
The problem I see, with the thing you are asking for, is cost.

The only way, that I've come up with anyway, to make a tank spill proof is by using a bladder. Almost Nobody wants to pay for that. If it was made mandatory by the governing bodies, then maybe it would be possible, but it's going to raise the price of tanks, substantially.

Things like this come about because of demonstrated necessity, of which there has been none in karting. So far! Not that I know of anyway.
I have custom rollovers available. I’ve been running them since Andy Foley Rolled his kart and was pulled from the burning wreckage at Dumplin Valley. Andy’s kart ignited when fuel spilling from the tank reached the exhaust on his Honda 450.
6512D4EE-0B2C-4F98-B355-2E0C41C63C9C.jpeg

I

I have custom rollovers available. I’ve been running them since Andy Foley Rolled his kart and was pulled from the burning wreckage at Dumplin Valley. Andy’s kart ignited when fuel spilling from the tank reached the exhaust on his Honda 450.
Who sells these?

Back