Tech men step in....

Below is rules for a local world formula class and is how the carb rule is reading. I got 4 carbs with my buyout and i measured them all within .001-.002. I don't have high dollar measuring equipment just snap gauges and a mic.

Carburetor, Spacer, Manifold: Stock Walbro PZ carburetor only, no alteration allowed. Verturi .9902” max and Horizontal .7382” max

I'm getting .977ish and .728ish in what i'm calling the venturi area. Can anyone confirm where these measurements are taken? While it says no alterations but calls out a max are builders maxing these measurements out?

Which organization rule set .
Your under so that's good .
This is the illustration from WKA .
Are builders maxing them out , I would think so .
Set your snap gauge at the max or .985 and use as a no go gauge .

Attachments

• 16093858838038953792777392196487.jpg
    16093858838038953792777392196487.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 32
I can't speak for the tech man there locally, but the WKA method is what's commonly used to tech the venturi with no-go gauges.
Now, are some builders manipulating this area? Absolutely. Should they be? No.
No machining or polishing is permitted. If I check one that comes up real close to the no-go, I'll inspect/scrutinize it with a magnifying glass to check for any altering of that area. They are all under those dimensions on purpose from the factory.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

A WF carb from the factory is going to be well under the maximum limit. That's normal!
You are not allowed to modify it to get to "the maximum size"
The proper tech tool is not "high dollar" It's a simple no go gauge. You can purchase them from Sox Racing.
The tech tool is shaped like a "T"
I agree with Brian that this area like any other needs to be scrutinized very carefully for any signs or tampering and also for methods for covering up such tampering. In my opinion proper tech means a lot more than just checking for maximum size.

We can all speculate on why but that's all it will be, speculation.

Back