Tech Tool for Checking Head CC

bomber315

Hello, I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a sort of plug or filler tube that needs to be threaded into the head of a clone to properly check for combustion chamber cc? Where can this be bought? I have never seen one that I have noticed.

Is it possible to make such a thing with an old spark plug. I was hoping to cc my motor this weekend before i freshen it and ill never get the tool in time if there is such a thing.

Thanks

Hello, I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a sort of plug or filler tube that needs to be threaded into the head of a clone to properly check for combustion chamber cc? Where can this be bought? I have never seen one that I have noticed.

Is it possible to make such a thing with an old spark plug. I was hoping to cc my motor this weekend before i freshen it and ill never get the tool in time if there is such a thing.

Thanks
Here on the right track. Modifying a plug is one way, but you'll need other things to cc a head. You'll need some way to measure how much fluid you put into the head. They make everything you need, you just need to find it. I'm thinking Comet Kart sales. You'll need a baret(s). There's more, research it!

Thanks
1613572353225.png

i get that Al. i already have the burette. I just didnt realize there was something that need threaded into the spark plug hole. It looks like the proper threaded tool cost like $25 +shipping. A little much for me to buy for the heck of it, when i havent changed anything about the chamber.

oh i didnt realize JC sold them. Ill probably get one with my next order to them. For now ill just run whatever i have and assume it is plenty of volume. On the next freshen, maybe i can deck a few .001's

Thanks
You will also need a bu
1613572620981.png
rrett and Marvel mistory oil in addition to plug to measure volume.....
i get that Al. i already have the burette. I just didnt realize there was something that need threaded into the spark plug hole. It looks like the proper threaded tool cost like $25 +shipping. A little much for me to buy for the heck of it, when i havent changed anything about the chamber.

oh i didnt realize JC sold them. Ill probably get one with my next order to them. For now ill just run whatever i have and assume it is plenty of volume. On the next freshen, maybe i can deck a few .001's
You will also need a burette and Marval mystery oil to measure the volume....

yeah i get that. (and have both already) just didnt realize there was a special tool needed to thread in that's all

The cc plug could be made a couple ways . Simplest would maybe be a anti fouler or old plug fill with jb weld and drill and cut too size .
So overall length of hole 1.125 with . 375 diameter .
At a tight tolerance . .625 thread length .

Attachments

• 16135771451463376585970186109601.jpg
    16135771451463376585970186109601.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 44
The cc plug could be made a couple ways . Simplest would maybe be a anti fouler or old plug fill with jb weld and drill and cut too size .
So overall length of hole 1.125 with . 375 diameter .
At a tight tolerance . .625 thread length .
excellent info! i believe i have the capability of making this. I understand it wont be official but i dont plan to push the envelope. I just want to know that my camber isnt 10 cc's bigger than it needs to be or something ridiculous. If and when i get serious about decking a head to get close to the minimum i will buy the proper tool first.

Brian, I hate to hear that you’ve had bad experiences with Lewis, I can only speak for myself and I’ve always had great service from him, maybe that I’m more local to him <100 miles may make a difference, hate that you couldn’t work it out with him, seems out of character for Lewis, not defending his actions at all but he has had health issues and his wife had been real bad until her passing..

Two sides to every story. I never had a problem with him. There was a time when his mother died and shortly after that his wife died. He did get behind. Understandable

Brian, I hate to hear that you’ve had bad experiences with Lewis, I can only speak for myself and I’ve always had great service from him, maybe that I’m more local to him <100 miles may make a difference, hate that you couldn’t work it out with him, seems out of character for Lewis, not defending his actions at all but he has had health issues and his wife had been real bad until her passing..
Perhaps that explains it.

Back