Tech

Lol i promise u cant look at a motor on the track and tell if the cc , duration ,lift carb etc are wrong ... lazy tech men is why people cheat and get away with it .
In our case, many of the local Friday/Saturday night shows, the tech man is the engine builder for MANY of the winners at that track... seems awful coincidental to me when you see a Jr2 plate motor out there turning 6800 and spinning the tires in the corner but the tech man "assures me its legal" ;)

I ran into similar problems when i was teching myself and one of my engines was in question . So the track had to have another tech on standby to check mine .

When my son who is now 16 was racing red plate and i had his engine turning 67-6800 , while the rest of the red plates would hang up at 58-5850 because of the gear and tire rule .. i had that problem rather often .

In our case, many of the local Friday/Saturday night shows, the tech man is the engine builder for MANY of the winners at that track... seems awful coincidental to me when you see a Jr2 plate motor out there turning 6800 and spinning the tires in the corner but the tech man "assures me its legal" ;)
Thats one of the reasons I decided to stop doin tech everyweekend .. i will still help if theres a engine in question

That may be true .
You can though tell if the engine is unique , in that it has more power .
An objective decision can be made then .
Not all out of spec engines produce outstanding performance .
Tech personal are not inherently lazy , Walk a mile in there Shoes .
We currently have a guy at our local that was always runningvsame speed as us, top 3 to 5 and i finished 2nd to him for the last 2 weeks and hes beating us by half track now.... hes got new motor, new tires and new chassis though....lol

If you know how too use all the new stuff . Thats an advantage .
You appear to be doing very good yourselves .
New cut tires can make a world of difference .
As can just new tires .
I would say it goes
Tires
Engine
Chassis. ..... Provided its less then ten years old . For most average racers .

Back