Tecumseh H50 Motorsports cams

racerx427

Where can I find Tecumseh H50 Motorsports cams? I do know that Boyd Malone has a lot of stuff but he's really sick and doesn't sound good. I have heard that a few parts from the Tecumseh Star engine are interchangeable with the H50 Motorsports engine. If so what parts crossover?

I believe the cams are the same, except the intake and exhaust are reversed for the Star.
Here is a source of info, not sure if they are still in business.

http://www.vkemotorsports.com/catalog/2010_VKE_web_catalog.pdf
Mike Clements also messed with the Star quite a bit.
Funny I never thought of the ink/ext would be the reversed but they are. I have contacted Mike Clements (Retired) and has been helping me as well, when he can. VKE is still in business, I contacted them to see if they make billet rods for the H50 and they do not. Do you know if the Star Engines valve springs crossover to the H50?

Spring is a spring . Diameter , length and psi are the main parameters .
Briggs flathead would be a good option .
They run 1.380 -1.450 overall length approximately.

Funny I never thought of the ink/ext would be the reversed but they are. I have contacted Mike Clements (Retired) and has been helping me as well, when he can. VKE is still in business, I contacted them to see if they make billet rods for the H50 and they do not. Do you know if the Star Engines valve springs crossover to the H50?
I think the rod journal is like an animal.
Deck height is close to Briggs flathead. Dyno cams website has a lot of options for pistons and rods. Like Flattop1 said, valve spring is a valve spring.
Years ago, Lunati ground a cam for me on my core.
I think mine was reworked with guides to run briggs valves on the tecumseh lifters.
Weak point for me was the stock cam gear on the crankshaft.
At this point, you will need to do some calculations and measurements yourself, but that is half the fun.

PS. there is room for a 3 inch stroke crank in there if you want to get carried away.

Last edited:
I think the rod journal is like an animal.
Deck height is close to Briggs flathead. Dyno cams website has a lot of options for pistons and rods. Like Flattop1 said, valve spring is a valve spring.
Years ago, Lunati ground a cam for me on my core.
I think mine was reworked with guides to run briggs valves on the tecumseh lifters.
Weak point for me was the stock cam gear on the crankshaft.
At this point, you will need to do some calculations and measurements yourself, but that is half the fun.
Thank you for your help flattop1 and 95 shaw. I know that briggs flathead springs will work but will need custom spacers/shims to make up the difference and thats ok. I just wondering is all. Thanks guys!

Thank you for your help flattop1 and 95 shaw. I know that briggs flathead springs will work but will need custom spacers/shims to make up the difference and thats ok. I just wondering is all. Thanks guys!
Mine had a plate epoxied inside the tappet gallery, then was cut with a spring seat cutter for a flathead.

Back