tecumseh

Zipper26

Hi
I bought a kart that has been in storage since 2001
I was wondering if anyone has contact info for Clements performance
The engine on this kart is a Tecumseh with 3.312 bore, 1.152 exhaust valve and 1.338 intake valve and the cam lift is .437
The billet head, flywheel, connecting rod, valve cover are all engraved with Clements
I'm realizing parts are going to be hard to find but thought that maybe Clements would have some left over parts
It has a tillotson alcohol carb. How much hp would a engine like this make?
thanks if anyone can help me find some parts

Mike Clemments passed recently . What the business stitution I do not know .
Its likely a star .
VKE maybe carb stuff ec carbarators or competition carbs .
Hp estimate 18-23 - ?

Michael passed back in January this year. (Rest easy) if you have pic's, we can tell you what you have exactly. More than likely a star motor.
Good luck getting ahold of any customer service at VKE. Some folks are only crew dependent and there's no changing that.

My dad has an engine machine shop and built kart engines in the 90s, so I have all the equipment.
The crank flywheel side has .0015 wear where it runs in the case and the crank journal has .0025 wear.
I have 1 rod with replacement bearing inserts and one with no bearings both marked Clements.
I was hoping to find undersized bearing and haven't measured piston clearance yet.

If you can get a number off the insert , clevite bearings . Or measure and search/cross reference .
New crank or spray welding and regrind .
Old and obsolete make it hard too source parts .

Back