Thank you note to all who get the tech done.

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
Thank you, to everyone who has posted here on "how to" verify, check, tech parts and special thanks to those whom have help me make sure i get it right.
I have a new found respect for all tech guys. I was asked two days ago to "assist" with tech of a karting division. NO i'm not yet certified with any organization. HOWEVER, With the basic tech tool and dvd's I have purchased along with countless videos I have a good understanding of the basic go / no go checks. the primary official of the organization doesn't have any tech tools.

I was completely amazed by the " it's the way i got it" "it came like that out of the box" along with I don't know how to (pull the jet and E tube) or other parts. I could have handed out academy awards for acting.. LOL, Some of these guy run high end late model race cars..

The items we tech'd were the basic stuff that everyone knew about and have been talked about for weeks. Jet size and E tube... Max torque six shoe clutch, FK tires, and anything obvious. The general consensus has been the stock jet size is 77 or .028 out of the box. (predator 212) so with my .029 pin gauge every kart came to prerace tech. More than half the group (18 karts) failed. I gave away 6 .028 jets the other people amazingly found a 28 in their trailer. ( i got 4 back at the end of the night.) most all the etubes were good,.. two of the gentlemen that were clear they didn't know what from what had 140 e tubes. Boy were these guys just irate,... one guy said he was leaving, to which i replied. thanks for coming. I think my calmness ticked him off even more.. he did come back later with the right parts and installed them in front of us.. and then we painted the bolt to the part.. His kid didn't finish high enough to get post race tech...
Officials don't get caught in an argument. if the rule says .028 and your gauge is swimming in the jet and its marked 77.. just smile and ask them nicely to get the right jet.

The clutches were basic. spring must measure 9 inch (9.1 is stock says maxtorque.) no more then 6 shoes. 10 or 12 minimum driver depending on Jr or Sr class.
Everyone did get to race the features.. two kids missed the heat race, all in all it worked out.

The best part was several people approached me after the event and thanked me for leveling the playing field. Comments like... " we don't have tech at our track.. this was a nice change.... never had it explained before,.... (Dad pointing) that guy's kid beats us every week.. tonight we beat him...

again,, THANK YOU ALL, for the information you share with everyone here. tonight it made a difference.
Good night.

As one who has always tried to stay within the rules of any class we crew chiefed for, I loved your post. Great job.

Back