Thanks SKC/WKA

Good to see you Rainman. The weather was perfect, a little chilly in the morning, partly cloudy with a light breeze. Very good turnout in most classes. Yamaha laydown had a lot of entries, maybe 35-40. CIK/LO206 class had about 30 or so entries. Close pack racing. The staff handled the drivers meeting well, as in not speaking AT THE DRIVERS like they were 2 year olds. Are you listening Daytona??? No black flags, but it was pointed a few times.

Our alcohol big block took third place on Saturday behind two KF2 engined karts in Open Sprint. My driver kept up very well until the g-forces got to him and he backed off the pace and let the two get away. Running at 6700 rpm. On the Sunday race we took two teeth out of the rear gear trying to get more straight line speed and lowering the rpm. We succeeded by increasing our lap time by 7 seconds then grenaded it on the 4th lap. Shoulda left it alone. The Honda crf450r ran like a Champ for a few laps getting into the 1:20's. The 4 disc Bully clutch chewed up the friction discs and spit them out on the track. GRRR! We took 13th and 15th in the LO 206 class. A little bit of work to do there for sure!

The SKC and the WKA did a great job the entire weekend. Cannot wait until the fall race!

Good to see you Rainman. The weather was perfect, a little chilly in the morning, partly cloudy with a light breeze. Very good turnout in most classes. Yamaha laydown had a lot of entries, maybe 35-40. CIK/LO206 class had about 30 or so entries. Close pack racing. The staff handled the drivers meeting well, as in not speaking AT THE DRIVERS like they were 2 year olds. Are you listening Daytona??? No black flags, but it was pointed a few times.

Our alcohol big block took third place on Saturday behind two KF2 engined karts in Open Sprint. My driver kept up very well until the g-forces got to him and he backed off the pace and let the two get away. Running at 6700 rpm. On the Sunday race we took two teeth out of the rear gear trying to get more straight line speed and lowering the rpm. We succeeded by increasing our lap time by 7 seconds then grenaded it on the 4th lap. Shoulda left it alone. The Honda crf450r ran like a Champ for a few laps getting into the 1:20's. The 4 disc Bully clutch chewed up the friction discs and spit them out on the track. GRRR! We took 13th and 15th in the LO 206 class. A little bit of work to do there for sure!

The SKC and the WKA did a great job the entire weekend. Cannot wait until the fall race!
Good job Tim with the 4 stroke...It was rolling for sure. See you in Charlotte I hope...

You weren't doing too bad yourself Hoppy. Looking forward to the video of you and my bro John on the track. Weird that we blew up right in front of you. You must be the Intimidator!

You weren't doing too bad yourself Hoppy. Looking forward to the video of you and my bro John on the track. Weird that we blew up right in front of you. You must be the Intimidator!
Actually didn't see any smoke. He threw his hand up (we were doing 90 mph)
and went right....that was a little hairy...but he made it. I'm uploading part 1...says 30 minutes left...here is part 2...he blows up at the beginning.

Skip to 5:45 mark....that is when race begins.

Great video Hoppy, many thanks. Always fun to race with you. Going to drop in the spare 390 and be back faster and louder in the fall race.

20210306_154031.jpg

Back