Thanks To All That Gave Me Info On The Valve Question

I got my engine together Lash Cap is on the exhaust I set intake @ .002 exhaust @ .003. I have not started it yet It is our spare engine so I have to engineer some kind of stand to hold it I hope to start it today Thanks Again Tim

As I suggested too a customer one time....It might be a/your spare engine, but....if you ever need it as a 'spare', it will be ur 'primary' engine! My point was/is treat it like it IS your primary engine up too the point that you know-it's-ready as a spare. Take the time (and trouble) in mounting it on the kart (or Dyno) and run/break it in and 'be-sure' it's good-go! JMO

that's to much valve lash when engine heats up u will have 6 or 7 thousands lash. set both at 0 and roll engine over to make sure you have compression, if not then your to tight. back them off a little & recheck. rockers should just touch the valves & when engine heats up you will have 2 to 3 thousands lash. good luck hope this helps.

What I advise my customers to do is too barely remove the slope of the rocker via the Ball-nut, then back the B-nut off 'one-flat' and snug down the lock-nut while supporting the B-but. Check that the rocker has slight-easy movement too it. I take this approach becuz .001-.003 feller gauges are 'nearly' useless with these things, especially for beginners, and...Good engine builders don't/won't use them either. IMO...I am more concerned about 'hammering' the valve train with too-much slope than giving away valve lift, but in the end....it serves the same purpose. The Best time too adjust the valves is when they are still 'warm-hot'! Note: If you can Not 'easily' move the rocker side-to-side at TDC you 'are' hanging the valve Open!

Back