Thanksgiving Thunder Tires???

tgriffith49

In the years I've been playing with Legends cars instead of karts, I've fell way behind on the tire game. Last time I was at Carnesville, we were all on firestones. We'll be running clone heavy and medium on a 2010 Excentrik and 2015 Xceed. We've got 4 new sets of tires to play with, and I'm going to use the Pink Magic prep just because it's damn near the simplest prep line I can find. Question is, what are the 4 best sets to get ready. 100cc 55 duro, 50cc 60 duro, the list goes on. What are we most likely to need for qualifying, a 25 lap race, and a 50 lap race? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Look up venom juice on here or Facebook. Kevin put up a guide for thunder this week. Also with help on the Pink Magic contact Benji22 on here.

I bought some new tires for Thunder and am not gonna be able to scuff them on a track before Thunder. Is there anything that I can do to substitute scuffing? I don't have a tire machine of any kind. Maybe run the cart up and down my drive way? Or is there more to it than that? What is the purpose of scuffing anyway? To take of the shine?

Scuffing the Tyre in practice will help, but scuffing on a track surface, and let sit a couple of weeks will make the top of the tyre a lil tougher. So during the event, you can apply your choice of surface bite and not penetrate the tyre completely.

I prefer 10-12 psi when scuffing, to ensure that the corners do not get worn down, and scuff MAXXIS Ht3 900 until center mold line is gone. Some track surfaces take 10laps some take 35laps. I try to put my tyres through multiple cycles to make sure the toughness is there.

Good Luck, Hope it helps

KB @ Venom Juice/KBRD
venomjuice.com

Scuffing the Tyre in practice will help, but scuffing on a track surface, and let sit a couple of weeks will make the top of the tyre a lil tougher. So during the event, you can apply your choice of surface bite and not penetrate the tyre completely.

I prefer 10-12 psi when scuffing, to ensure that the corners do not get worn down, and scuff MAXXIS Ht3 900 until center mold line is gone. Some track surfaces take 10laps some take 35laps. I try to put my tyres through multiple cycles to make sure the toughness is there.

Good Luck, Hope it helps

KB @ Venom Juice/KBRD
venomjuice.com

Kevin do you do EL's the same way?

Hawkeye79, I have but recently, we have been putting a really smooth "Grind" on them, and they scuff in within 12-25 laps. Our EL's are pretty good straight off cutter, but I am doing some things different for Thanksgiving Thunder, so we will soon see.

Thanks, and Hope this Helps!!!
KB @ VenomJuice
venomjuice.com
864-809-0059

Back