The Clone head problem

AGAIN the rule didn't change why is this so hard for some people to get in their stubborn heads???

the more I look at the animal the more pathetic it is. that exhaust next to the spark plug? really? plus the stupid thing can't get oil out of its own head. it too is made in some foreign country and assembled here for nearly 4 times the price of a clone. Miller wants nearly same price for a clone as a prepared L206. get your facts straight
Not referring to this rule. But the rules change yearly. A clone built 2 or 3 years ago that has been sitting on a shelf its entire life will not pass tech today because of the constant, never ending updates to the rules. MY FACTS ARE STRAIGHT!
And my animal will stomp your POS clone all day, any day, any track!

Not referring to this rule. But the rules change yearly. A clone built 2 or 3 years ago that has been sitting on a shelf its entire life will not pass tech today because of the constant, never ending updates to the rules. MY FACTS ARE STRAIGHT!
And my animal will stomp your POS clone all day, any day, any track!
Post deleted. I graduated third grade a long time ago

Last edited:
still trying to figure out how a builder cheating a motor the customer didn't ask for is the customers fault.
unless everyone making this claim is a builder.;)
I am not a builder by far. Could I build a engine with the right tools YES. Once a builder finds what they make most power with in parts it becomes a standard on almost if not all engines they build. Was the builder wrong for cheating the engine YES. But you have to figure how many engines they have built in a year. Then figure that a lot of guys run an engine for so long and then sell it for almost as much as they paid for it. I don't know of any builder that keeps every guy or gals number on speed dial to call them at any time for updates on how their engine did or to reach out to you and say it's almost time for a freshening up. As a racer no matter who built the engine it is your responsibility to make sure the engine is up to date on rules established by whatever sanctioning body you race under.

You sound pleased with that Don.
Not really!! It was an honest jab back at you for slamming the clone. The flathead went through growing pains as did the animal until it got to the point where the builders couldn’t manipulate anymore. That is where we are trying to get the clone. I think we are close to that. The flathead and the animal were done in the US. Briggs and Stratton had a good grip on tolerances. Unfortunately to get a clone to a written tolerance the builders need to do it. The flathead is out. Can’t find parts and when you do get your wallet out !!! The animal is getting the same way due to Briggs selling to someone else. Parts are getting harder to get. The 206 is really hard to get. Because of that tillotson is testing a 212 with a slide carb in the 206 events. It is very comparable to the 206. Don’t be surprised to see that engine on dirt shortly, hint hint. I know none of us likes the direction the engine world is going. But when in Rome do as the Romans do. I have been around since the very first change happened with the flathead. There, I just gave you a ballpark on my age. Oh, and price the new race ready animal vrs the race ready clone. Not that far apart if you don’t get spoofed by a builder.

You might wanta do some homework before betting the farm on that.
Several years ago we raced a flathead vs akra clones. We did not win the race but we did come in 3rd in a field of 20+ karts. We were the lone flathead. We raced our animal Jr sportsman against clones and beat them all by 1/2 a lap. So I would say that given the right conditions any engine could win. I still say they should throw all engines in say stock medium and let them duke it out not have it to where you have to have a separate class for each engine platform. More of a rwyb class of stockers.

Bo Billings 325 clone lap from two weeks ago 11.104. same day track record set by Barrett Terry on a Animal Limited Modified 10.890
seen bigger differences in a single class

Hey Ken, can you ever remember any stock animal when running against a stock clone winning? I am digging hard into my memory and can’t find one.
how about answering this
If said builder cut the correct valve angle from over a year ago would said engine still be legal today? not including any grace period.

Back