The K360 Device neck brace for Kid Kart and smaller drivers

We've got a design for a new 360 Plus Device style neck brace for Kid Kart size drivers.

The current 360 doesn't work well with a lot of these smaller drivers because there's usually not enough clearance under the helmet for it to fit - their necks are too short. Another issue is the lower fin, in the back, comes into contact with the top of the seat and pushed up on the front of the Device.

Both of these situations cause vision issues for the driver. The K360 Device solves these problems.

We're attempting to get Valhalla Racing qualified in a program that Chase Bank annually conducts call Mission Main Street.

Here's a link that gives you all the info and how you can help. http://www.valhallaracing.com/blogs/news/15471825-team-valhalla-racing-would-appreciate-your-vote

I understand all the pros and cons of situations and programs like this and the apprehension of some, but the K360 is a project that I'm looking into every avenue that may help bring it to reality.

We need your vote to get into the program. If we can get in, then it's up to us to try and make it happen.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks so much for everyone that has voted! The support we've gotten from the racing community so far has been humbling.

We passed the 250 votes needed last night!

But...... we need to keep pushing the issue until midnight this coming Friday night when the voting ends.

I've talked with a few grant recipients from past years and they say the higher the vote count you have, the better your chances.

A sincere thank you to everyone that has supported this project by voting! Pass it on to anyone and everyone that you know may have a FB account and tell them that it's for the benefit of the youngest drivers in racing.

Again - Thank you!

Hey... sorry to be AWOL for so long. It's been a hectic past few months.

Unfortunately we did not end up being one of the finalist for the Mission Main Street grants. So, we're going at it a different way.

We're currently working on prototypes and are targeting late summer. I know that doesn't really help for this year, but at least there's some progress being made.

I'll give out some additional details as they become available.

I am not to happy really I went to the Dayton Ohio swap meet and spent a while talking to your booth and told the guy about the,girl and they said nothing of the issues that was described above I feel like they were just trying to sell product love the vest I bought though 180 bucks is a lot to sit in the shelf and even bought one for my buddies kids. It should not be marketed as a kids but as a teens wish could get my moneyback

Highlander... everyone's situation and set-up is different. Standing at a show/swap meet and talking, neither of us have any idea as to how a driver is going to feel in the seat with a new neck brace... or new suit, jacket, gloves, or helmet for that matter. The way your driver sits in the seat, and the way the seat is positioned, could be completely different than the next person's preference.

What we have done for the past 15 years has never been about just making the sale. I learned real quick that we are not going to satisfy every driver's needs or expectations with the 360 Plus Device or the Armadillo Rib Vest. All we can do, and all we have ever done, is explain the function of the 360 Plus Device and the advantages it has over a regular foam collar.

At literally every show we have ever been to, we've interacted with at least one or two drivers that after putting on an Armadillo Rib Vest or 360 Plus Device - they don't like it. They then ask "Do you have something else?". To which I answer, "No - but this is what I would suggest you look at". It's at that point that I point them towards a Ribtect chest protector or the Leatt Brace.

As for marketing the 360 Plus Device to kids, I know that the current design does not work well with all young drivers - thus the effort to get the K360 into production. But, on the other hand, we have heard from parents of drivers as young as 5, that the 360 works for them and has performed when needed.

A few months ago, someone forwarded me a pic that we later put on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204132445968354&set=o.199064671795&type=1&theater I ended up calling Ms. Wheldon and expressing my surprise that the 360 worked on her son. She said he's comfortable in it and wouldn't let him on the track without it.

If you weren't happy with the 360, I wish you would have contacted us after you got home and tried it on your driver while sitting in the seat. The very first statement in our Return Policy is "If you wish to return an item(s) that you have purchased, please contact us. All returned items must be in the condition that they were purchased. No race worn items can be returned".

When the time comes that you need to move to another seat, maybe the 360 will work for her then.

Steven Peters
Team Valhalla Racing
www.valhallaracing.com

Steven I have been waiting for your call I would like my money back if I could it has not been race worn it didn't have a box and they wrote a re eight on the back of a business card

Last edited:
Back