the most important tool in the box

one tool that may be overlooked especially if you are not the driver but the crewchief would be a helment cam...... your younger/inexperienced driver may not be able to tell you what the kart is doing but a helmet cam showing the drivers hands can help a lot.

How did u know you weren't consistent...j/k

I was only finishing at the front every once in awhile without it, now im in the top 3 in just about every race iv ran, and won alot more often. Nothing more valueable to me than the mychron, air guage, and durometer.

Mycrons, tire guage, battery impact, tire tape, a driver that does tires, set-ups and knows 2-stroke carbs, plus biggest of all is the know how and know who to get to help you use all of your tools, Money can buy all the tools, but the whole pile is almost useless with out the brain and know how to use them. Good friends at the track is one of the biggest intangibles that you will really miss if you loose them.

air guage, temp gun (run asphalt so I need to see what the track temp is and tire temp after being ont he track)......and one, count em, one....10mm wrench!!!! fits almost everything that comes loose!!!

can't fit experience in a tool box otherwise i'd load it up! lol!!! and you can't fit tires in there either.....just sayin!!!

Notebook and a pencil.

Without these, all the great tools mentioned above are only as good as your memory....and mine's not as good as it used to be. ;)

Nobody said rulebook?

air guage, temp gun (run asphalt so I need to see what the track temp is and tire temp after being ont he track)......and one, count em, one....10mm wrench!!!! fits almost everything that comes loose!!!
Hey mikey, has track temp info helped you? I've seen a few do it but I never have. What do you do different for a 75 deg track vs. a 100 deg track? Thanks for your help :)

Back