the most important tool in the box

curtracer

Ok calling all opinionated arrogant experrs in rhe realm af kartdom your mission : resopndwithan honest in your opinion answer and dont rail the guy behind you or criticise his /her response if you can hold it back.
The question : "what is the most important tool or pice of equipment in your teams possesion" pleasexleave the price comments out of this ,leave the people out too were talking hardware. That one thing that helped yours get closer to.the front with consistency. Its Christmas so be nice . Some one asked me earlier today what did i want for Christmas ,shot my usjual peace on earth comment down and made me think, what would allow our team. To getcfurther up the pylon.

agree with jamie on the mychrone............and a good tire guage,stagger tape,caster/camber guage,accu-toe and scales and tire program...:)

Gotta agree, its between the mychron and a tire pressure guage, you can take those 2 things to any track and run good if you know a little about everything else. Without those 2 things, your in left field unless your real good at guessing and have some good luck lol

Gotta agree, its between the mychron and a tire pressure guage, you can take those 2 things to any track and run good if you know a little about everything else. Without those 2 things, your in left field unless your real good at guessing and have some good luck lol

The reason i said the mychron, is because i ran half this season without a tach and i did ok but wasnt very consistent at all. Since getting a mychron, im now running consistent laps, have a better idea where i need to start out at, and what to do, and can tell by the lap times whether a change iv made helped or hurt.

The reason i said the mychron, is because i ran half this season without a tach and i did ok but wasnt very consistent at all. Since getting a mychron, im now running consistent laps, have a better idea where i need to start out at, and what to do, and can tell by the lap times whether a change iv made helped or hurt.

for sure, ..corner rpm drop = faster lap times.............

We built an inertia dyno and it really gave us a tuning edge. especially with jetting and gearing.

DK

How did u know you weren't consistent...j/k

Man these are the things i was wanting to hear hope it keeps going . Only one vote for a tuneing dyno ,no flow bench yet . So i assume were all content (For the most part ) with our horse power?? So the real consistent speed is in set up and tires??? Just thought provokeing not argumentative .
So i have my gauge and a case of new tires whats next . Were dirt oval of course occasional asphalt .

Back