THE MYSTERY OF KART RACING

Howe17

WHY CANT THE SO CALLED PEOPLE THAT SAY THE KART COUNTS ARE WAY DOWN COMPARED TO THE 2000S ARE THE SAME ONES THAT COULD DO SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE. START BY POSTING THE UP COMING GRAND NATIONAL RACE AT CARNESVILLE GEORGIA SEPTEMBER 16/17/18 2022. AS THE GREAT MARK LEVIN ALWAYS ENDS A TOPIC. IM DONE!!!!!!!

Sadly, if you're not on facebook these days no one else goes out of there way to post much anywhere else. Everything is on facebook, and I hate facebook. But, for a business it's kind of a must these days in the karting world.

why cant they cater to all the kart racers just a thought. am i wrong did everyone cancel going on this website.is bobs 4cycle obsolite? JUST SAYING :ROFLMAO:

4544D25D-452A-4947-BA5B-8849BB6E3813.jpeg

Sorry to say, but with those Clone - Predator classes and payouts, there won’t be many there, IMO

100% Payout will not draw the 150+ entries of Clone/Predator classes that this track has historically done.

Sadly, if you're not on facebook these days no one else goes out of there way to post much anywhere else. Everything is on facebook, and I hate facebook. But, for a business it's kind of a must these days in the karting world.
Absolutely agree!!! I hate Facebook, but as a business it's pretty much become a necessity. I drug my feet way too long at getting our business up to speed with social media out of pure stubbornness (and a serious lack of techie skills.)

FWIW: We used to get STACKS of printed race fliers from our suppliers on upcoming races all across the country. We used to throw a couple in every package we shipped out to racers.
Today? Nothing. Those days are gone.
I guess it costs money to print fliers, to send them to shops, etc. Why bother when you can post places online for free.
I'm all for maximizing profits and stretching your advertising dollars, but somehow "promoting" has become a forgotten art.
Seems like the attitude among some "promoters" is now, "build it and they will come." And if they don't come, it's the racers' fault.
These are the many of the same tracks that start track prep Saturday morning and wonder why racers don't support them. They just don't get it.
Like anything else, there is competition for your dollars. Promote a good show and put on a good show, and people will come back.
Little effort generally brings little results.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Shoot a lot of tracks nowadays don't even have a phone number to call if you are trying to find out if the race is canceled or not. I don't have social media and will never have it again. Closest thing I do is pull up a track and screen shot their schedule. I remember lil Eldora used to send out flyers before race season started and you would have 150+ there dang near every time you went.

Shoot a lot of tracks nowadays don't even have a phone number to call if you are trying to find out if the race is canceled or not. I don't have social media and will never have it again. Closest thing I do is pull up a track and screen shot their schedule. I remember lil Eldora used to send out flyers before race season started and you would have 150+ there dang near every time you went.
Amen to that mybrother 1000%

We showed up to an asphalt race once, my boy/driver was 8, we didnt know anything, we just wanted to race. Well it was ALL adults, no age limit, (Promoter error) but we still wanted to race. Not 1 human would give us the time of day. Clearly we were not where we were supposed to be. You want more people to show and post? BE FRIENDLIER, THANK THE TRACK AND COMPETITORS FOR BEING COMPETITIVE AND SHOWING UP. When someone looks lost or is new go above and beyond and show them where or what they need, to be successful and come back next week

All I can say is kart racing is extremely hard to get into when you are new and dont know anyone or anything. Which is crazy because its literally the most beginner type of racing on this planet. This site is great, but its still not easy

Last edited:
I WONDER IF SOMEONE WILL PROMOTE THIS YEARS BATESVILLE MISSISSIPPI INDOOR RACE IF IT EVEN STILL EXIST BACK IN 2013 THERE WERE OVER # 50 UNLIMITED ALLSTARS BUT THE SAD PART WAS ONLY #20 GOT TO RACE THE OTHER #30 PLUS DRIVERS WENT HOME WITHOUT GETTING TO RACE AT ALL VERY SAD IN MY EYES. MY FRIEND DEE PASCHAL HAS HIS REASONS FOR NEVER GOING BACK TO A RACE RUN BY THE PROMOTOR OF YEARS PAST. HE CAME CLOSE TO BEING A PARAPLEGIC THANK GOD A WONDERFULL WOMAN PARAMEDIC WAS IN THE STANDS WATCHING THE RACE AND JUMPED OVER THE WALL TO STOP THE TRACK WORKERS THAT WERE INSTRUCTED BY THE PROMOTOR OF THIS EVENT WEEKEND RACES TO DRAG MY FRIEND DEE PASCHAL OFF THE TRACK AFTER A HORRIFIC FLIP. HIS WIFE SAID AND I QUOTE YOU WILL NEVER RACE THERE AGAIN OR ANY OTHER TRACK THIS PROMOTOR IS INVOLVED IN AS LONG AS THAT PROMOTOR HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY RACE ANYWHERE. THANKS FOR READING ANOTHER RANT OF WAYNE HOWE I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY AMEN:)

It's still held on thanksgiving, last year there were about 12 UAS or what they call RWB, I hate the flag calls there because the SOME drivers are so rough and they do not use the flag ( they would not like me to flag there ) but that taking someone out just because would stop or you would be off the track. I don't want to hurt someone or tear my stuff up. I know you don't want to be the leader with a lap tp go because you will be dumped, I saw that from stock to open classes.

So like this post says What's up just like all other promotion's in kart racing THERE IS NONE same goes for the indoor races everything in kart racing is a Secret.what a pathetic way of promoting our Sport Kart Racing.So don't cry 😭 when the turn out is bad, remember you get out what you put in . So your results speak for themselves? Pure Nothing :ROFLMAO: (n)

We showed up to an asphalt race once, my boy/driver was 8, we didnt know anything, we just wanted to race. Well it was ALL adults, no age limit, (Promoter error) but we still wanted to race. Not 1 human would give us the time of day. Clearly we were not where we were supposed to be. You want more people to show and post? BE FRIENDLIER, THANK THE TRACK AND COMPETITORS FOR BEING COMPETITIVE AND SHOWING UP. When someone looks lost or is new go above and beyond and show them where or what they need, to be successful and come back next week

All I can say is kart racing is extremely hard to get into when you are new and dont know anyone or anything. Which is crazy because its literally the most beginner type of racing on this planet. This site is great, but its still not easy
this site is good for getting help...don't get disappointed...You'll catch up quicker than you think.

Back