the old b4c

team25

i miss the old 4 cycle this new one just dont feel the same but i know bob is working hard to get it back to where it was but it still feels like a empty void when on here like somthing is missing. but i will still try to make it work to feed the 4cycle addiction i would like to thank bob evens for his hard work and dedication to keep all us addicts from going through bad withdrawls and giving us somthing to read and post . and i am sure it will be up to a 100% soon :)

bob is doing a great job with getting this site reconstructed and we all just need to be patient

That's pretty much the same thing I heard when the format changed in 2004. Several folks were sending me emails saying that if I cared about karting at all I would put the old forum back and leave it alone, and they were pretty graphic about what I should do with the new (2004) one. :)
All I really do is provide the place and try to keep it clean, it's the visitors and users that make the site what it is, and provide the content, and sometimes entertainment.
It's going to take a while to get used to it. I'm getting used to it, however I've been staring at it something like 18 to 20 hours a day for nearly a couple of weeks now, which I guess gives me a head start.

It's natural to be resistant to any kind of change, but in this case it couldn't be helped.
One thing I will say, after a few of my rookie mistakes in the beginning, everything is starting to get rock solid with the new forum software, database server, and php. (knock on wood)

Anyway, there's a few of my thoughts about it.
Thanks

Here is a thought, A new board means a fresh start. you can get rid of your past and start fresh but if you were a jerk before only time will tell before your ugly self will resurface.

That's pretty much the same thing I heard when the format changed in 2004. Several folks were sending me emails saying that if I cared about karting at all I would put the old forum back and leave it alone, and they were pretty graphic about what I should do with the new (2004) one. :)
All I really do is provide the place and try to keep it clean, it's the visitors and users that make the site what it is, and provide the content, and sometimes entertainment.
It's going to take a while to get used to it. I'm getting used to it, however I've been staring at it something like 18 to 20 hours a day for nearly a couple of weeks now, which I guess gives me a head start.

It's natural to be resistant to any kind of change, but in this case it couldn't be helped.
One thing I will say, after a few of my rookie mistakes in the beginning, everything is starting to get rock solid with the new forum software, database server, and php. (knock on wood)

Anyway, there's a few of my thoughts about it.
Thanks

Thank you Bob, I love this site and have learned so much about Karting from it. Best forum I've ever used. And I'm already used to it.

I hope you're not getting too much "hate mail" on the new software and the format and features it introduces. I think what most of us miss, my take on the void team25 referred to, is just all the information that was lost. If you had a question before, you could aften get really great answers just by using the Search feature, without ever having to post a question, or someone, if you did post, would simply reply with a link to a previous thread and you were good to go. It's gonna' be awhile before we have that kind of data library to fall back on again....

I'd forgotten about '04, I was new on here back then and the withdrawal pangs were worse than quitting smoking, some how we all survived, Thank you again and again Bob, most on here can't even imagine how kart racing was before we had this site.

Back