The Series | Sr. Wild West Shootout - June 1st, 2019

TheSeries

It's been a long time coming, but The Series is going Wild West again! The Wild West Shootout will highlight the best senior drivers The Midwest has to offer with our $1550 to win Headlining event. But they're not the only ones getting the love, we've got over $12,000 in 100% guaranteed money up for grabs across 15 classes, and don't forget, The Series pays the top-5 finishers in EVERY class!

The Series | Senior Wild West Shootout
Saturday, June 1st, 2019

The Host Track
Show Me Speedway
Downing, MO 63536

The Schedule
Friday, May 31st
6pm - Gates Open
6pm-9pm - Pit Parking
9pm - Gates Close
**NO REGISTRATION FRIDAY NIGHT

Saturday, June 1st
9:00am - Gates Open
9:00am - Registration Opens
11am - Practice Begins
11am - Registration Closes
1pm - Drivers Meeting
Qualifying & Racing to Follow

The Passes
Pit Pass - $20
Grandstand Pass - $15
Children Under 5 - Free
*Grandstand Pass only available after 5pm

The Tire Rule
Open

The Numbers

Headliner - WILD WEST SHOOTOUT
$1,550.00 TO WIN

2nd $750.00 3rd $375.00, 4th $200.00, 5th $100.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $80 (Day of Entry Fee: $85)
**All drivers ages 15+ eligible to enter

Pro Stock | $1,000.00 TO WIN
2nd $500.00, 3rd $250.00, 4th $125.00, 5th $100.00
PRE- ENTRY FEE $75 (Day of Entry Fee: $80)

Stock Prelim | $650.00 TO WIN
2nd $325.00, 3rd $175.00, 4th $100.00, 5th $80.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $70 (Day of Entry Fee: $75)

Super Heavy Elite | $450.00 TO WIN
2nd $225.00, 3rd $125.00, 4th $100.00, 5th $85.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $60 (Day of Entry Fee: $65)

Jr 3 Elite | $400.00 TO WIN
2nd $200.00, 3rd $125.00, 4th $70.00, 5th $55.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $55 (Day of Entry Fee: $60)

Jr 2 Elite | $400.00 TO WIN

Jr 1 Elite | $400.00 TO WIN

Amateur | $300.00 TO WIN
2nd $150.00, 3rd $100.00, 4th $75.00, 5th $50.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $45 (Day of Entry Fee: $50)

Predator | $250.00 TO WIN
2nd $100.00, 3rd $50.00, 4th $40.00, 5th $30.00 |

Super Heavy | $250.00 TO WIN
2nd $125.00, 3rd $100.00, 4th $75.00, 5th $50.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $50 (Day of Entry Fee: $55)

Amateur Prelim | $200.00 TO WIN
2nd $100.00, 3rd $50.00, 4th $40.00 5th $30.00
PRE-ENTRY FEE $35 (Day of Entry Fee: $40)

Junior 3 | $200.00 TO WIN
2nd $100.00, 3rd $75.00, 4th $50.00, 5th $45.00

Junior 2 | $200.00 TO WIN

Junior 1 | $200.00 TO WIN

Nextgen Red Plate
Awards and Prizes
Entry Fee $5

The Divisions

NextGen

Ages: 5-7
Engine: Clone with Red Plate
Pipe: Small
Gear: 19:60
Weight 235lbs
Maximum Tire Size: 34 1/2"
- NextGen runs eight-lap heat races to set their Main Event starting grid.
- NextGen main events are twelve laps.

Junior 1, Junior 1 Elite
Ages: 8-10
Engine: Clone with Green Plate
Gear: Open
Weight: 275lbs
- Junior 1 runs ten-lap heat races to set their Main Event starting grid.
- Junior 1 Elite qualifies to set their Main Event Starting Grid.
- Main Events are 20 laps.

Junior 2, Junior 2 Elite
Ages: 10-12
Engine: Clone with Purple Plate
Weight: 290lbs
- Junior 2 runs ten-lap heat races to set their Main Event starting grid.
- Junior 2 Elite qualifies to set their Main Event Starting Grid.

Junior 3, Junior 3 Elite
Ages: 12-15
Engine: Clone with Blue Plate
Weight: 320lbs
- Junior 3 runs ten-lap heat races to set their Main Event starting grid.
- Junior 3 Elite qualifies to set their Main Event Starting Grid.

**JUNIOR DIVISIONS NOTE: We feel strongly that the four separate youth divisions were deliberately established to help nurture junior's skills as they progress through the ranks towards the senior divisions. Because of this belief, we do not allow Junior Drivers to "crossover" to run multiple divisions.

Amateur Prelim, Amateur, Stock Prelim, Pro Stock, Wild West Shootout
Ages: 15+
Engine: Clone
Pipe: Large
Weight: 375lbs
**Amateur drivers may not run Stock Prelim or Pro-Stock. Amateur drivers are welcome to enter the Wild West Shootout

Super Heavy, Super Heavy Elite
Ages: 15+
Engine: Clone
Pipe: Large
Total Weight: 425lbs
Driver Weight: 200lbs (with driving equipment)
**Super Heavy drivers are welcome to enter the Wild West Shootout

**All of the above are required to adhere to 2019 World Karting Association (WKA) tech standards

Predator

Ages:15+
Total Weight: 390lbs
Predator Tech Rules
Ages:15+
Total Weight: 390lbs

Predator Tech Rules:
1. All Engines must be run out of the box
2. Governor must be connected and operational
3. Factory air filter and sock, key way on flywheel, and fuel tank required
4. All competitors may be subject to on-stand governor test (5500 RPM maximum). Engine must surge.
5. Any engine can be "claimed" by any competitor in the main event field post-race. The cost to claim is $125. Clutch, chain guard and throttle assembly will be removed.
6. Vent tube on tank, throttle stop screw, and oil sensor wire are allowed to be disconnected
7. Chain guards are allowed
8. Any other after-market part will result in immediate disqualification

Junior Driver Age & Eligibility

**MAX Age Allowable as of Jan. 1st, 2019 Per Division:
NextGen - 7yrs
Junior 1 - 10 yrs
Junior 2 - 12yrs
Junior 3 - 15 yrs

- Junior drivers who are the maximum age in their division as of January 1st, 2019 will still be able to compete in said division thru the completion of the 2019 season, even if they have a birthday putting them over the max age during the season.

- Borderline aged drivers may elect to "run up" a division at any point during The Series 2019. However, once said driver has moved up a division, they may not move back down under any circumstances.

- "Borderline aged" is defined as any driver under the minimum age as of January 1st, 2019, but who will turn the minimum age at any point before December 31st, 2019.

**NOTE: All Junior Drivers competing in any 2019 The Series event will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate at race #1 which will be kept on file by The Series. Please plan accordingly. No exceptions.

Amateur Eligibility

- Amateur entrants may not have won a past championship in any series
- Amateur entrants may not have won over $750 in a single event
- Amateur entrants may not enter any other "Pro" or "Elite" classes
**Junior winnings and championships do not count against Amateur requirements.

We ask that our Amateur entrants act with integrity when registering for this division. We reserve the right to disqualify or remove ineligible entrants at any point throughout the day, including post-race tech. Ineligible entrants will not receive a refund of entry fees

This purse is 100% guaranteed. It's our hope that racers will rally to support this event so that we can continue to offer this incredible program with low fees and high, guaranteed payouts! Pre-entry form, sponsor and non-sponsor reserved parking forms will be released in the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your interest in The Series, we look forward to welcoming you to #thenewstandard!

thekartseries@gmail.com
704.999.1733 (text only)
facebook.com/thekartseries

**PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SPONSORSHIP FROM OUR 2018 WILD WEST PROGRAM WILL BE SPONSORED AT THIS EVENT!

ATTENTION Wild West Shootout Predator Drivers:

It was brought to our attention that the Predator rules at Show Me Speedway are quite different that the rules we run in the southeast. The last thing we want is to cost Midwest competitors extra time, hassle or money, so we will be running Show Me Speedway's regular 2019 Predator rule package. The only difference is we will be running the weight at 375lbs. See Show Me's rule package below:

***2019 Predator Rules***
- Stock Predator 212 motor Harbor Freight
- Weight #375
- No Ducar 212 motors.
- No Box Stock Project 212 motors
- Removal of governor ok
- Removal of fuel tank is mandatory
- Stock air box. Must run stock air filter you may add extra foam to air filter NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE AIR BOX. All extra holes must be plugged!!
- Valve cover vent must go to air box. No catch cans.
- Motor is to remain stock as from factory and will be teched to stock 212 predator motors. If it doesn't say you can do it in the rules then it's not allowed!!!
- Hemi motors must run thick head gasket
- .031 no go on main jet. Low speed non tech.
- Must be stock valve springs!!!
- Weeny pipe and muffler ok, header must be wrapped but not muffler. NO MODIFICATIONS!!
- Open clutch rule
- Claim Rule will be $120.00 for motor only.

It is with a heavy heart we announce that we've made the difficult decision to cancel the Wild West Shootout scheduled for June 1st.
As a person who has almost twenty years of perspective from "the racers side", I always appreciate when promoters are transparent and honest, so I'll be that now with you guys.

The Midwest has been absolutely stricken with wet, severe weather this spring. The forecast for next weekend is already calling for 50% chance of Thunderstorms on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of next week. We all know the weather can and will change prior to next weekend and while that is a consideration, it's not the only reason we have made this decision.

As of last night, we had six (6) pre-entries and zero (0) parking reserved. Last week we received multiple calls from Midwest racers letting us know they and their teams would not be attending due to previous commitments. I kept holding out hope that we'd see a surge as the event got closer, but it has not happened. Maybe the interest simply is not there. And if that is the case, we understand. Or maybe the crowds would have rushed the gate on race day without pre-entering, and if so, we apologize. However, we must make our decisions based on the facts and figures at our disposal at that time.

Multiple people urged me to cancel last week. I probably should have, if only to give more of a heads up. But I am admittedly hard-headed and stubborn and didn't want to let y'all down. So instead, I got thru my race here in the southeast last weekend, then immediately began burning up the phone lines to try to whip up enough sponsorship to make me feel comfortable making the trip even with a dismal crowd expected. In short, I failed.

To be frank, to travel 1000 miles and put on a race with the caliber of staff and purse that we do, it costs me 3x what it does to do it here in the South. I took a huge hit when we came out there last year. But I committed to you guys, so I promised to try again this year.

Anyone who knows me personally knows that the reason I do this is because I truly, from the bottom of my heart, care about the sport of dirt oval karting. I agonized over this decision. We've been making trips to race in the midwest since I was a kid. Y'all are a different breed out there, but there is as much driving talent in the Midwest as there is anywhere, and I wish y'all had more opportunities to showcase it.
I don't have a huge brand backing me that can pick up the slack if I lose $15,000... And I just refuse to hit the racers with outrageous kart minimums and 80% payback because I fundamentally disagree with that concept. So I hustle and scrape and pinch from a whole army of smaller, loyal sponsors to make The Series happen... Unfortunately, I didn't scrape and pinch well enough this time.

I'm sure a lot of y'all will be mad at me, and thats okay. I would be mad at me too canceling on such short notice.

I'd like to thank Ron Gardner and all of the great people at Show Me Speedway. They have been a delight to work with, and I'm incredibly sorry to let them and their facility down as well.

I'll begin processing refunds for the six drivers who pre-entered this evening. To the sponsors who supported us on the premise of receiving three races last year, please let me get thru my next race down here on June 8th, and I will work on getting you all re-paid the difference for the two races owed.

Again, I apologize to all those racers who did plan to participate. It still remains our goal to bring The Series out west and we hope to be able to do so again soon.

Back