THE SIZE/TYPE? OF FLYWHEEL TO REPLACE LT WT ALUM FLYWHEEL ON MOWER Briggs 196CC ENGINE WITH CAST IRON FOR OTHER PURPOSE

GOT BRIGGS 122T02-0842-E2 (196cc?) THAT HAS LIGHTWEIGHT ALUM flywheel THAT IS HAVING its BLADE DELETED to re-purpose the motor, SO IT IS GOING TO NEED cast iron flywheel. i got new/used one... toooooo big around/diameter/OD 6-13/16"... by just a little. the stock lightweight alum flywheel is 6- 9/16" OD. a difference of 4/16"... 2/8... 1/4/ divided by 2= 1/8" too big. coil wont fit.

upon further examination, the timing key is WAY OFF. the timing key on the lightweight alum flywheel points to the L side of magnet on alum flywheel. the one on the heavy cast iron flywheel DOES NOT EVEN come close to pointing to the magnet? is there even a heavy cast iron flywheel to fit this engine that is the right size/right OD/right timing key placement... right size hole in middle? is this even possible with this engine? is it possible without spending a lot of money on ... to make it work?

the crank snout holes SEEM the same size? is there a heavy cast iron flywheel off other briggs that is direct replacement so the motor can stand alone and be somewhat balanced? am i going to have to have to have welder make something to mimic the weight of the blade under the motor... which i dont want to do as dont know if that will work out very well as it wud have to be small'ish and if it comes apart/falls off etc.

i already cheated death with exploding flywheel right in front of me. i dont think i have that many... ANY? more lives left monkeying around with things like that.

Back