Thinking bout going asphalt racing

supermanJAE

Been 2-3 ,times almost ten years ago with some old friends and liked it. Thought bout going back and trying it in a flat kart...what type of setup would yall recommend for clone heavy with open tire rule. And type of tires are the fastest on asphalt?

Yellow Vega are the fastest on asphalt right now.

As far as setup, that all depends on what kart you have?

Vega yellows are what you want. Use your dirt set up, put on the smaller LR, some more camber in the RF, more air pressure. Run it and see where you are at. You can probably get more detailed info by posting your kart and track information.

Vega yellows are what you want. Use your dirt set up, put on the smaller LR, some more camber in the RF, more air pressure. Run it and see where you are at. You can probably get more detailed info by posting your kart and track information.
Scythe 095 ..Mitchell Speedway in NC

Normal 6.5" LF, and you'll take a normal 4.50 LF tire mounted on a 6" wheel for the LR to give proper stagger.

Best thing you can do is not run a dirt setup and call PRC for correct numbers for a Scythe. I'd say .95 Scythe should be fast on asphalt.

Asphalt.....4.50 on lefts...6.00 on rights. But our track is wide open throttle all the time . Like drafting at Talladega. Ha. You don't want that left front but to have maybe 3 washers on top. And like 4 on bottom of right front spindle. Cross needs to be low as the grip you pick up is insane on asphalt. Especially when the tires get hot.

Asphalt.....4.50 on lefts...6.00 on rights. But our track is wide open throttle all the time . Like drafting at Talladega. Ha. You don't want that left front but to have maybe 3 washers on top. And like 4 on bottom of right front spindle. Cross needs to be low as the grip you pick up is insane on asphalt. Especially when the tires get hot.
I figure with more grip more cross..that's the way it is on dirt anyways....I'm a newbie to asphalt racing

Again, you need to contact @James@PRC and he'll point you in the correct direction for your chassis and track If you want to be even remotely competitive.

Or maybe he'll see this and respond.

Back