Thoughts a 14.5ci open class

Now that all the flatty guys have engines sitting, I was wondering if any areas are considering a 14.5ci open class. Mainly for the guys with now obsolete engines, could modify them as they wish flatty and ohv both with 14.5 ci limit would it be a level field mixxinbthem with out a weight break? Just starting a discussion.

Figured I'd get some Input as there are so many obsolete motors out there. Figured there may be interested in reviewing what was once the heart of the oval kart.

You would need a weight break for the flathead most places if you want them to compete with ohv engines built to the same 14.5ci open rules. We use an open animal and very few flatheads keep up, the ones that do are over 14.5ci but we dont have a rule on that here, open is open rwyb

I won the state OPEN points series here in KY with a flathead WKA limited running against stroked animals and two cycles. They will run, But you have to be on your tire game because they will smash you out on the bottom end. But WS5 is right the weight break helps a little.

That was my thought by USA rules you do get a weight break... How much I'm not sure but it's more than you would get running a piston port 2 cycle or a big 4 cycle mx

I won the state OPEN points series here in KY with a flathead WKA limited running against stroked animals and two cycles. They will run, But you have to be on your tire game because they will smash you out on the bottom end. But WS5 is right the weight break helps a little.
What tracks are this state open points races at? I'm not far from you, race open every week and have not heard of a state open points series or race in the past couple years I've ran open. That's something I might be interested in competing in

Back