Thoughts on requiring to post location of event in description?

Mac_49

Just a thought, but I read so many listings of events going on at "XYZ" track and no location as to where it is. Googling the track doesn't always come up with a direct hit and have to do some more digging to find it's location.
I'm hoping maybe we can get better at posting a town/city/state these are located at? :unsure:

Just a thought, but I read so many listings of events going on at "XYZ" track and no location as to where it is. Googling the track doesn't always come up with a direct hit and have to do some more digging to find it's location.
I'm hoping maybe we can get better at posting a town/city/state these are located at? :unsure:
For Sale and ISO adds should do the same !

I agree! I don't see why a track would post, expecting everyone to know where they are, unless they only want the locals to attend.

Some promoters / track owners certainly do a better job of promoting their events than others.
I think that kartboy hit on something...Some tracks only want the locals to attend -- they're not so interested in "growing" their car count as informing their locals of an upcoming race. And since they already know where the track is located, there's no sense in typing in those pesky details. :)

Now, the classified section would sure help to have a location in the listing -- or at least a phone number WITH area code. It's easy enough to do an area code search in your browser.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Back