Throttle linkage with governor help

Mike Taylor

Ok, i am fairly new to the predator engine class. the track that we are going to race is starting a new class for Predators. Orginally, it was box stock with the option to remove the governor and gas tank. Now they are telling me to keep the governor in tact. I put the governor back in the engine. My question is how do i hook up the governor? I have a "mini" top plate and the throttle linkage is already done.
thanks...any help is appreciated!!

Not 100 %sure but you may have to ditch the top plate and go with the original throttle assembly.
Some one may have a better solution.

Bummer they changed the rule on you.
We have a Predator in the same predicament - had converted it to a clone-style top plate throttle setup, but rules required the stock governor setup. We put the stock throttle assembly back on so we could hook the governor up in the stock (legal) manner, so now the top plate only holds a fuel pump.

We tried to hook up a throttle system that used the stock throttle plate for the governor, while keeping the top plate system for the gas pedal to control. Techman didn’t like it because he thought the driver could override the governor. We tried to use a spring on the top plate throttle assembly that was weak enough so the governor could override it, but we couldn’t prove it worked while racing. That dual control system was too complicated to trust anyway. So now we just use the stock throttle plate with the governor linkage connected per the factory way, and our gas pedal cable connected to the stock throttle plate using one of its connecting points for an external cable.

Ok, i am fairly new to the predator engine class. the track that we are going to race is starting a new class for Predators. Orginally, it was box stock with the option to remove the governor and gas tank. Now they are telling me to keep the governor in tact. I put the governor back in the engine. My question is how do i hook up the governor? I have a "mini" top plate and the throttle linkage is already done.
thanks...any help is appreciated!!

Good morning. after you put the governor back in put the original throttle assembly back in place and hooked up to the governor. if you order the throttle assembly from BMI it will solve your throttle hook up issue and still allow the governor to work as intended.

http://www.bmikarts.com/Throttle-Linkage-Kit-for-Predator-212cc-Engine-65HP--Red_p_3069.html

Back