Throttle pedal feel

Djchouinard

Just got back into karting and being an adult with a size 12 racing shoe, my minecon pedal hits my foot right in the center, therefore having to move my whole leg to accelerate. Running a tight bullring where off the throttle a lot in the corners and feel like getting back on it could be smoother if I could use my toes more. Anyone have this issue or solution? Anyone run a heel rest? My foot is over the front of the chassis and rests uncomfortably on the bottom of the nose. Feel like there should be a foot pan of some sort?

I suggest against a heel rest. When I was a kid I shattered my heel from having the old Jr pedal mount in the floor pan and using it as a heel rest.

Hit a kid head on and shattered my heel and stretched all the tendons and ligements in my foot.

Last edited:
If you're going to have your feet up front, there should be a belly pan up there not just bodywork. Have you thought about making longer pedals? They make plastic heal rests.

We have put the PMC (Slack) heel rests on all of our karts and really like them. Searching for the pedals on rough tracks was unnerving.

Are you running swoop style or flatside body. You may want to look into a different body for your kart with a taller nose.

I also have a size 12 shoe and with my phenom I used to have my feet up in front of the frame now I rest them on the frame, keep my knees tight, and only move my ankles. In your case I would definitely get a heel stop if your on a bullring like that.

Back