THROTTLE STOP

rocketman

Is it necessary to have a stop on the pedal or cable to keep from hurting the slide in the carb? Or is the cable the weak link? Thanks This is my first Kart sorry for all the questions

It wouldn't hurt . Otherwise cable breaks would seem eminent. And damage too the slide as well .
Sprint kart ?

Cable stretch is also something to consider -- especially if we're talking about a junior restrictor slide.
If you're using a high quality aircraft cable, then stretch is limited and breakage is almost not a concern.

Steve brings up a good point as well.
While 90% of the racers adjust their idle with the idle stop on the slide, they are leaving a bit of power on the table.
Now, in my opinion, if you're real sharp on your tuning (using an A/F meter at the track) then you can back that idle stop out of the venturi and tune away. If not, then you're probably better off having your engine builder/tuner set this on his dyno or you'll be chasing ghosts when you should be concentrating on the chassis, tires, and driving.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Instead of a stop on the cable, I could thread the rod from the pedal and use 2 jam nuts with a bracket welded to the frame. I could adjust a flat at a time and lock it with the jam nut. Yeah ? No?

Attachments

• 101_0706.JPG
    101_0706.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 101_0705.JPG
    101_0705.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 101_0704.JPG
    101_0704.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 76
Why I need to adjust the idle with the cable and not with the screw on the carb, I an new, race in Costa Rica, another question, is better to install the clutch inbord o out bore?

Why I need to adjust the idle with the cable and not with the screw on the carb, I an new, race in Costa Rica, another question, is better to install the clutch inbord o out bore?
You don't "need" to. It's simply another way of doing it, and also gets the tip of the idle adjuster screw backed out of the air flow in the smallest (venturi) area of the carb.
Always better to install a clutch inboard IF it fits your chassis that way.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks Brian for the response, This class is new in Costa Rica. Here we always race 2 stroke engines, we are learning about 4 stroke, well if some body came to Costa Rica let me know, Maibe we can go to the track.

Back