throwing this out for discussion.....

spincycle

racecievers.....is it possible for someone with the right knowledge and equipment to be able to go to any specific channel other than the standard 454.00 that all tracks seems to use to be able to communicate with your driver? just thinking out loud....:unsure:

Yes . Though I believe with out a switch it would be one channel only .
You could get high power bleed over though everyone would get it .
Adding a complete receiver along with the other may be possible if small enough
To fit the box .
Or hide the whole unit in helmet or your pocket .

Or an old activated flip phone on a pay as you go plan, with an earbud. Call and talk the whole race if you like.

My driver would just pull the ear piece. or forget to answer the phone before the race. Lol

Last edited:
Isn't communication via radio disallowed ?
One team we raced with had the hand signals figured out .
Me I could barely remember to look at the flag .

Some of the big car tracks here in Ohio that also run karts occasionally have been using racecievers to speed up alignments on the track and to warn drivers of accidents and such . On a small track they wouldn't be as helpful towards warnings , but would help with aligning drivers to where they belong . But using a similar device that can be only used between the driver and a crew chief is forbidden , that is where the hand signals came into play . When 2 people can communicate directly with each other , the one on the sidelines can let the driver know that he is going to get passed on the outside as an example , which the driver could possibly change his line to block , which is very unsportsman like . That is why most sanctioning bodies don't allow 2 way communication .

I've tried using the raceciever when running my 2cycle, even under caution with the volume at max I cannot hear anything....but, for example, with the stock predators being relatively comparably quiet, it would seem there is great opportunity to use 2 way communication, which would be a huge advantage....🙄

Back