TI Valves

i dont know how good the titanium valves are for the animals but if they are anything like the titanium vavles for the 450 engines i wouldnt recommend titanium. i would recommend using stainless steel vavles.

Blossom Racing. I order mine from them. They only have lengths for Flat heads so I make a plate to replace the existing metal piece. You can then get the spring height to use a better valve spring. 616-696-0823.

i dont know how good the titanium valves are for the animals but if they are anything like the titanium vavles for the 450 engines i wouldnt recommend titanium. i would recommend using stainless steel vavles.

Why is that?

DK

I did run across Blossom racings site and noticed they had TI. I thought to run TI valves you had to have beryllium seats. Do they work with iron seats.

I can see the flathead Ti valves working with a stock animal head by replacing the plate to achieve your height, not on a Billet head though. You would think that someone makes Ti Animal length valves.

The titanium valves in the Honda 450r engines will tend to stretch when they get hot eventually leading to the face of the valve breaking off of the stem and getting shoved into the head or piston.

Do you mind sharing the size of the stems and the valve spring pressure you were running when this was occurring? Also, what is the head diameter of the 450 valves?

REV ... Racing Engine Valves
800.398.6348 Ask for Ralph.
The warehouse there has a million valves.
Will cut them however you want.
Get 5mm stems 1.25" valve intake......1" exhaust.

Get seats and guides from Precision Products Performance
800.421.9150 ask for Debbie Jackson (her father owns the company)
They make the jewelry worn inside racing engines.
Might as well order Ti wrist pins (coated) while you're at it.

Do you mind sharing the size of the stems and the valve spring pressure you were running when this was occurring? Also, what is the head diameter of the 450 valves?

sure not a problem. this occurs on the stock titanium valves. the better replacement vavles from kimbell white are stainless

intake- head diameter=36mm, overall length=84.6mm, stem diameter=5.490mm

exhaust- head diameter=31mm, overall length=84.25mm, stem diameter=4.965mm

valve springs are 70# seat pressure 155#@.300 lift

My 07 trx 450 is on stock valves. Stage 3 hot cam. Running kipplewhite spring kit. 10800 rev limit no problem. Ti valves.

My 07 trx 450 is on stock valves. Stage 3 hot cam. Running kipplewhite spring kit. 10800 rev limit no problem. Ti valves.

2002-2005 CRF's and TRX's had the issues with the valves. 2006-2013 had improved valves. honda made the area where the stems meets the valve head thicker to prevent them from stretching and bending/breaking.

The problem isn't the valves being titanium, it's the cam profile. CRFs are notoriously hard on their valves. The ones that don't break will recede instead. Yamaha didn't have either problem with their YZF's titanium valves. The YZFs are widely regarded as being more durable, more powerful, and lower maintenance than the Hondas. Why Hondas are more popular baffles me.

Back