Tie rod question

Ratistiss

At the end of day at the track I was advised to lower the angle of the steering wheel for my son. So I lowered it how I was told and now my tie-rods don't look perpendicular. See pic attached. I was thinking maybe I could switch the tie rod from the top of the arm here to the bottom but I wanted to make sure that was the best course of action. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• PXL_20211026_184459112.jpg
    PXL_20211026_184459112.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 124
  • PXL_20211026_184414361.jpg
    PXL_20211026_184414361.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 126
I always try to get mine as straight as possible. i can usually get it done by moving the washers around, but if i have to i will move from top to bottom or bottom to top.

Its not going to be perfect, but you'll want the tie rods to be as straight as possible while static and while slightly turning. Otherwise ackermann wont be accurate.

^ or the toe is not set correctly since he lowered the steering.
I try to keep the tie rods as level as possible while the tires are pointed straight ahead (ie toe lock in place on scales.)
Re-align everything and see where you're at.

If you don't have equipment to properly scale and align your kart - check with a local shop or possibly a racing buddy who can help you.
There's a ton of speed in proper kart set-up.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

move the tie rod to mount on the bottom of the spindle arm not above it that looks like it will flatten the rods out. also get a smaller cotter pin that thing looks like it may interfere with the tire.

Back