Tight condition

numbers are correct with charger. (I own this chassis and have talked to the factory and several pro's about set up) he would be better off taking that camber out of the right front and tightening the front end that way. i agree that he's probably has a prep tire issue but more often than not people suggest adding weight to a pushing front end when the physics of traction don't work that way.
Better call Ultramax and tell them they don't know what they're talking about (if you haven't already). I had the exact same problem a few years ago and it was the first thing they recommended. And guess what? They were right.

Better call Ultramax and tell them they don't know what they're talking about (if you haven't already). I had the exact same problem a few years ago and it was the first thing they recommended. And guess what? They were right.
your kart began to understeer halfway through the feature and Umax told you to put more weight on the front end?

Charger prodigy clone 425 66 cross 62 left 45.5 nose Camber 1/4 lf 2-3/4 rf Caster 7 and 11
Setup looks good (meaning it’s close enough to handle OK and any minor tweaks that might make better specific to your build or driving style w/o being in person would be impossible to give).

On to your issue - if the kart exhibits the same push at center approximately mid race every time you run or at least every time at this particular track, I would reduce 1/4 negative camber on right front (-2.5 vs -2.75) at that track. If pushing at entry or exit instead, I would add 1/4 positive camber to left front (+0.5 vs 0.25). Anything more than these adjustments will just cause other issues to chase and won’t solve your problem at hand.

I expect, however, the greatest contributor to your push as race goes on is solely due to tires getting too hot from being too soft. The most common cause is being too soft for the track conditions. Why? It’s logical that when tires are too soft, the rear tires having a greater contact area with the track will cause the front to loose traction and there’s your push. Just consider when a rain comes or track is rewatered during race day what happens when you soften tires to make enough grip. You typically also have to move weight from left to right to keep from pushing (and/or a 4 wheel slide if really slick).

A few other reasons for tires going away during race due to getting too hot include: too much internal (could be part of your issue in this case as a 100cc Maxxis seems high for summer in the South), too much air in all tires (more air causes heat to happen faster), too little right/left air pressure split (less right/left air pressure split causes heat to increase on the right sides faster).

I do not suggest you start making big changes to setup to chase a small issue like this, especially if just happened this one time. Tires is where your problem is and will be one of the possible issues stated above. Not being at the track to know for sure, I can only make suggestions based on 45 years of experience. My suggestion would be to run a 75cc tire instead of the 105cc you ran with the push issue and also open the air pressure split to 1 lb for the race (leave at 1/2 lb for qualifying). Good luck!

Last edited:
Earl it was Sugar Tit Saturday. Was on a set of 2 week scuffs internally rolled 105cc RS and 90cc LS. Wiped 4 times with Nall yellow crush conditioner during the week and wiped four times with Nall Black Edge at the track throughout the day. Only ran that set in feature.
Tires were too soft with too much internal.
Try doing 75cc sets, and dont wipe so aggressively at home on some of the sets. Sugar Tit early on you could have used those tires but track gets better. Still dont have the bite yet with the addition of new clay, but i believe it will have next week for The Big 3.
And Jody, you know you can always ask questions at the track and ill try and help :)

I don’t come to this forum often and have posted even less over the years. So, will add to my original response above a good plug for my friend Earl Mewhorter Jr and Southern Comfort Tire Treatments. Earl certainly knows Sugar Tit and will steer you right. I just might have collaborated with Earl by phone and at the track a few times and might also have used SoCo on Maxxis and Burris for many years 😉

Best of luck!
Sid Harrison

In this case I agree it was a tire problem...but do you guys really think that chassis settings and percentages don't change how fast tires come in and last ? Now if the tire is way off the results will be similar but same tire on different chassis different drivers will NOT yield same results even if both drivers are great at what they do

In this case I agree it was a tire problem...but do you guys really think that chassis settings and percentages don't change how fast tires come in and last ? Now if the tire is way off the results will be similar but same tire on different chassis different drivers will NOT yield same results even if both drivers are great at what they do
different drivers on different chassis on different tires with different ideas is called racing.

Really . Why then do you see sets of tires come off a winning chassis .
Installed on a different kart for a different class .

I don’t come to this forum often and have posted even less over the years. So, will add to my original response above a good plug for my friend Earl Mewhorter Jr and Southern Comfort Tire Treatments. Earl certainly knows Sugar Tit and will steer you right. I just might have collaborated with Earl by phone and at the track a few times and might also have used SoCo on Maxxis and Burris for many years 😉

Best of luck!
Sid Harrison
I would say its about time for a coffee meet somewhere but its really been too hot lately lol
Hoping all has been well my friend.

Back