tight turns

We ran a 1/5 mile high grip lots of rubber down track with gairpin turns. I ran stock heavy 375 clone on pinks on an impulse my daughter ran a tempest 330 black stock predator els. Impulse was 48 nose,58 left 68 cross 3 rf,.25 lf 1.5 in front stagger 1 in rear. Tempest was 46 nose 53 left same stagger and camber as impulse and 65 cross. We run well at other tracks but they are flat foot tracks. This track u have to lift. We both had bad push coming from center off. Track is flat no banking. Any input will be appreciated. I tried several tire packages

We ran a 1/5 mile high grip lots of rubber down track with gairpin turns. I ran stock heavy 375 clone on pinks on an impulse my daughter ran a tempest 330 black stock predator els. Impulse was 48 nose,58 left 68 cross 3 rf,.25 lf 1.5 in front stagger 1 in rear. Tempest was 46 nose 53 left same stagger and camber as impulse and 65 cross. We run well at other tracks but they are flat foot tracks. This track u have to lift. We both had bad push coming from center off. Track is flat no banking. Any input will be appreciated. I tried several tire packages

Try to find LTG on here, His name is Todd I think. He has helped alot of people in here and knows alot. I also run a impulse in heavy and super heavy and my son runs purple plate on my old tempest. I have a push center off that im still trying to fix and one thing I've done thats helped is take some cross out, I'm down to 63% and hes down to 62%. Only thing I've not tried on the impulse yet is move the rf back to trailing position have been trying to learn alittle more before I try it but alot of people are saying it helps. I will check the numbers on his kart but I think i have his nose around 46.5% and to watch him dosent seem to have a push like I have but hes still learning and couldnt tell the difference between push or loose, I have to watch his hands and the kart.

I would try 1.25" rear stagger first and change nothing else.

Exactly. 1" rear stagger and tight turns do not go well together, especially with the Impulse. Slightly lower cross (66ish), +.5 LF camber, and atleast 1 1/4" rear stagger.

I don't know the specs of your daughter's class or how big of a driver she is, but the left looks pretty low.

Scottie

RR 3/16" - 1/4" off frame
LR 3/4" - 1" off frame

Forget trackwidth, everyone measures it differently. Frame to wheel spacing is much more consistent.

Scottie

The increased stagger will automatically take out 2% cross and then the increased camber on the LF will take out a touch as well... the kart should be perfect with those numbers.

Back