Tillotson 196R

doored84

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the tilliston right out the box race ready ? Is it competitive out the box or does it need tons more work for each spectrum from plate racing to box stock ? Any help welcome !

We’re racing one on a junior red plate, 240#. So far, so good. Adding the top plate, fuel pump and PVL flywheel; I’m in it for about $330 and it is competitive with the built engines.

Come to the southeast motorsports expo and ill try to have one on the dyno at the show and we will use them in the tech classes. for a small fee you can test any engine you like it would be a good test to see how it compares

Yep. We had some miscommunication early this year with NKA but thats been cleared up. The Tillotson Engine, Head and PK-1B are legal for NKA and AKRA. We will be using the 196R in the Tech Classes so you'll have a chance to break them down and see one on the dyno right out of the box and then Lewis will have a dyno comparison with their new spec class head. There will be a lot of new stuff at the Southeast Premier Motorsports Expo including 2-3 new engines and new carbs from Tillotson. It will be worth coming for your chance to see the new parts or pick up a 196R or PK-1B carburetor. We will have the dyno challenges for three different classes and opportunities to dyno your own engine outside of the competition as time allows. You can contact Lewis Stout and Brad Hill for info on the dyno challenge. We expect this to be a pretty exciting event.

Come to the southeast motorsports expo and ill try to have one on the dyno at the show and we will use them in the tech classes. for a small fee you can test any engine you like it would be a good test to see how it compares

Are there any events like this in the Mid West, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri?

One of my buddy's runs only tillotsons. I will say this, his kart is fast. I'm not sure how it stacks up against very highly modded clones but the few clones that run with us that would say are BUILT and this motor will flat out run. Enough I've thought about getting one. Not sure this helps you any but they seem to be great engines!

Yes it’s a strong motor , we’re still trying to get it dialed in , I think my gearing was off on the driver , made some changes to the motor but couldn’t keep up with the leader at all , tires were good and so was set up but leader just pulled away farther and farther each lap

I got one on my Adult Clone kart right out of the box and it keeps up with all of the engine builders, but I have yet to see a Dyno sheet for a 196r

Back