Tillotson 225 from Lo206?

IRQVET

Wondering if anyone here has experimented (driven) or changed from Lo206 to the Tillotson T4 225? Did a search and I didn't see anyone talking about their experiences or making that transition. Wondering if anyone here has done it and what their thoughts were?

I want more speed, but I don't want to spend a ton; nor do I want to transition to a 2 stroke or a modified class.

Last edited:

Mark @ EC

I've driven both, the Tillotson is much faster. Last year at Charlotte Maxxis Series Race, we race similar lap times as the fastest vintage limited modified. They tested the diaphragm carburetors last year and have switched to a slide this year to make them easier to start and tune. They are still working out a few things but hopefully it will come together for next year.

IRQVET

Define much faster? I've heard 1-1.5 seconds per lap, but I don't know if that's accurate.

IRQVET

Anyone here order the Tilly? Curious to see if it comes with everything or if its just the motor and you have to buy the exhaust and everything else separate?

Been considering getting one so I can be more competive at my locals since nobody runs 206. I'd still keep the 206 so I could run with those folks too.

IRQVET

Met a guy with a 206 that broke the seal on his kids kart and did some experimenting. Swapping out the coil didn't prefrom as he intended because of the stock springs. He said with the new coil, his motor still petered out at 6,100 and the valves would flout. Plus I'm no mechanic, so I like the idea of a stock class. I'd rather race than wrench and keep my engine intact so I can still run with the 206's. Hense why I'm looking into the Tilly 225.

Last edited:

IRQVET

Currently the 4 stroke class is a HEAVILY modified Subaru class. Those folks are always braking, wrenching, and spending money out the wazoo to keep those things running. Don't get me wrong their fast as all get down, but VERY labor/ $$$ intensive. Most of them are around 18 hp. Again, that's why I was looking into the Tilly. Its off the shelf stock class motor and provides close to the power they folks have with their Subaru's. Rules are pretty wide open/ lax. Its a run what you got sort of situation.