Tillotson confusion

I am going to leave this conversation with this. It was said that the karter didn’t have a say in not allowing the tillotson block. It was also said that the block is a much better block by the same individual. And I agree. So much better that karters all across the country would feel the need to get one. In some cases not just one. How about the guy that has an inventory of several clones for his family racing program. That would mean he would need to send his engines to a builder to do the conversion. What do you think that would cost the Friday night family man? Shipping, cost of block, and all the issues that go into a rebuild that are hidden until opened up. Builder fee and return shipping. Some of these guys are getting upwards of $800 for rebuilds. Take a family guy with just three engines and add that up.
As soon as someone with a clone gets beat by that beefed up tillotson he will be insistent that the tillotson was the reason and it very well could be. As a matter of FACT, the engine was being used in NKA and those karters were the ones who requested the track promoters not permit it. Suddenly more and more tracks began saying no to the block.
AKRA didn’t stop the block because of politics like previously suggested. They did it for the karter.
I apologize to anyone who I may have misled in this post. Thank you and God Bless

having six motors and 4 sets of every brand tire is going to get ridiculous real quick. this is the problem with 3 sanctioning bodies with some tracks mixing rules. long gone are the sensible days of the flat head.
Clones have messed with open racing too.now ya have big block small block..🤷🏻‍♂️Whats screwed up is your always going to have that guy with the 4500$ jr racecar billet motor.its all up to the engine builders.what can they make most profit off of.national level clone $1500 money invested 400$..machine work very little if any.hahahaha all the way to the bank

Are there markings on various blocks to know which block we have? I have 5 clone motors and know nothing about the blocks.
The tilloston should be obvious .
Appearance and casting difference .

The run of the mill clone should have laser etched numbers on the mounting base .
With the caveat not all .

Since we're reviving this old thread again... I just went to Tillotsons website and the description still very clearly reads "

Newly designed reinforced Tillotson Racing Block for Box Stock Racing.​

Designed by EC Carburetors with decades of racing knowledge and experience. This 68mm block has a cast iron sleeve with reinforcements made throughout the block, adding strength and performance, unlike any other clone or predator block. NKA has approved this block for use in the 196 box stock racing classes"

If this still isn't the case, EC needs to revise their page before it causes a lot of issues.

Since we're reviving this old thread again... I just went to Tillotsons website and the description still very clearly reads "

Newly designed reinforced Tillotson Racing Block for Box Stock Racing.​

Designed by EC Carburetors with decades of racing knowledge and experience. This 68mm block has a cast iron sleeve with reinforcements made throughout the block, adding strength and performance, unlike any other clone or predator block. NKA has approved this block for use in the 196 box stock racing classes"

If this still isn't the case, EC needs to revise their page before it causes a lot of issues.
NKA yes, AKRA no

Back