Tillotson HL355 vs HL380

Skidude

Who has the scoop on this? Has anyone popped the welch plug out of a 380 and studied the low side circuit? What pattern does it use and what are the diameter of the holes? What high side nozzle does it use? I’ve not put my hands on one yet and just curious if it’s worth it over a 355.

^ I seriously doubt that the few Tilly gurus left are going to give away their drill patterns.
If they do, I'm ready to take notes -- and I'm no slouch on them...LOL

(and before anyone calls me asking....NO, I don't blueprint Tillotson carbs anymore.) :)
It seems I still have to work on plenty of them and try to fix "problems" guys are having with them, but it's so much simpler to just hand a guy a "plug n play" Mikuni slide carb. I get much fewer tech calls on Monday morning that way from guys who tuned themselves out into left field by grabbing and twisting a big ol' handful of needles on their Tilly.

With that "disclaimer" said, the 380 is a good carb if it's been blueprinted/matched to your engine. No different than the 355 in that regard. Both are good for big valve, big cube, open flatties.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I’m just curious what the pattern is out of the box, not blueprinted by anyone in particular. Or are they not available as generic carbs? Also interested to know the throat and venturi diameters.

I've got 2 355's from Mike Clements Sr. both with Atomizer Rings. One of Carb's came off his son Mike Jr.'s limited mod engines! Sorry not for sale.

Back